Eggnog Extravaganza

Does anyone enjoy eggnog as much as I do?

Truthfully I’ve never had “real” eggnog with eggs and rum.  But since I don’t really have a taste for rum, not sure I’d even like it.

But I do like all of the other varieties of egg nog in a carton, jug, bottle or powdered mix.

This popular drink associated with winter gatherings is becoming ever so present in the stores and coffee shops now.  {{{CHEERS}}}

Eggnog, also known as egg nog, is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk and/or cream, sugar and beaten eggs (which gives it a frothy texture), and flavoured with ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Various liquors, such as brandy, rum, whiskey, advocaat and/or liqueurs, are often added.

My go-to guilty pleasure now is this Old-Fashioned Egg Nog powder mix.

It has been found on the top shelf of my local grocery store for the past several years.  In the same section as the cocoa mixes, tea and coffee.

I usually use skim milk, but today the carton was about empty, so I opted for this equally delicious unsweetened Almond Breeze milk.  Which turned out to be creamy deliciousness (go ahead, lick your lips!)

<2 min.  That is how long it took me to chug down this medium sized glass of frothy, sweet, nutmeg-y, vanilla-y concoction.  And it WON’T be the last this day holiday season!

I stumbled upon this all about eggnog website and thought you’d appreciate it if you are looking for a homemade eggnog recipe.

I am not shopping today, black Friday, but I am drinking eggnog :) and I did have to go to work.  Made my husband smile, as today our worth will go up instead of down since I am not out buying Christmas presents for my family (myself) and friends.  {{{WAAAAH}}}

Actually, I do not care to go out in the Black Friday crowds anymore.  It just takes so much more of my time to shop on a day like today.  Crowds.  Long lines.  Traffic jams.  NO THANK YOU!

Would you rather be at work or out shopping on Black Friday?

About these ads

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Eggnog Extravaganza

1. marla says:

I would join you in that eggnog & for sure not the holiday shopping madness! xo

2. How ironic! I was just telling the fam yesterday that I was contemplating making homemade egg nog for Christmas. I’ve never seen a powdered egg nog mix, but you best believe I’ll be on the lookout for it now!

3. Monet says:

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love eggnog, but I love the way that you make it even more! I’m such a fan of Almond Breeze. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

4. Sana says:

I actually just started drinking almond milk and I love it! It has that sweet and nutty taste :)

5. Mary says:

I’d love to be able to join you in a cup of that eggnog. Your photos are wonderful and they’ve made me thirsty. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings…Mary

6. i used Old Fashion Eggnog for years, but cannot find it in the stores or online Can you help me

• Colleen says:

Kroger will special order it if you ask them to.

• Sue says:

My family and I LOVE the Kroger Old Fashioned Eggnog mix but unfortunately our local Kroger discontinued it and “say” they cannot special order it. I was told seasonal items automatically ship and this year they did not get any in. Unfortunaetly the Kroger here has discontinued alot of their brand items (including KROGER BRAND ITEMS) that I used to buy. Unfortunately I find myself shopping at Walmart more and more. “Kroger, you are climbing a slippery slope. It’s not just me that’s dissatisfied with your new product line. I have heard alot of complaints from friends, relatives and work colleagues. If anyone has tried another brand that is just as good, I would love to try it.

7. David English says:

Hi there. I too love Egg Nog, but only the type you have pictured. My 12 year old daughter and I have searched for it since 2011 but were told by the Kroger supplier that they don’t make that “Old Fashioned” brand any more and it will no longer be available. If you can still get it, please, please tell me where! I have searched for two years for that exact one. Thank you so much!

8. ASHER says:

I WANT TO FIND KROGER OLD FASHIONED EGG NOG MIX. DAYTON, OHIO. 45420

9. Mr. Freeze says:

Been searching for the Old Fashioned powered mix for the last 4-5 years now. Can’t find it anywhere online or in any stores. Such a bummer. That is my absolute favorite egg nog to drink.