Remember those cool evenings in the fall when you are sitting on your back patio, listening to the crickets, with sweatshirt and jeans on, around your fire pit, dreaming of a gooey warm s’more?
Or what about those hot summer days spent boating on the lake with your friends and family, soaking up those golden rays of sunshine, and sitting around the campfire at night time telling old stories of your youth, while dreaming of a sticky and sweet s’more?
Well then this treat is for you! Whether or not you have actually eaten a real s’more cooked over an open flame or not, you will still love the taste of these sticky, sweet and gooey bars.
Of course if you follow Picky Palate, then you know this fabulous recipe is from Jenny!
The ingredients are: 1 box yellow cake mix. 1 egg. 1/2 cup butter. 4 1/2 full grahams, 10 oz. white chocolate chips. 2 cups mini marshmallows. 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk.
Of course I popped a few mini marshmallows in my mouth while the bag was open. Who wouldn’t.
Spread out the rest of the cake mix over the grahams, chocolate and marshmallows.
Then pour over the sweetened condensed milk. This gooey stuff is very sweet on it’s own. I actually added some of the remaining can of this to a smoothie and it was delicious.
White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars
Recipe from Picky Palate~
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 1/2 full graham crackers
- 10 oz. back white chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (I used fat-free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure foil goes all the way up and over the edges for this one. It will be a full pan .
2. Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix with hands until a dough forms, similar to a cookie dough. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer with graham crackers, white chocolate chips then marshmallows. Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top then bake for 28-33 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top.
Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then take a knife and run along edges to loosen marshmallow (this will allow bars to come off the foil easier). Let cool completely then remove bars from pan with foil edges. Cut bars into squares and serve.
They are delicious room temperature or chilled.
See the layers of cake, grahams, chocolate, marshmallows and more cake
Now you can’t sit here and tell me you don’t want to sink your teeth in to one of these bars!
Thank you Picky Palate for creating this delicious recipe!
My other version of these bars here. Gooey White Chocolate Fluffernutter Cake Bars.
Do you prefer white, milk or dark chocolate?
What are you going to miss most about the summertime?