Handmade Vintage Holiday Cards

Vintage Christmas Cards that I made!

Recently my Mom and I took a vintage card making class at Archiver’s.  For those of you not familiar with Archiver’s, it is a large scrapbooking store.  This was my Mom’s first class to take and she was really excited about it.  I was happy to have some neat handmade cards to send out to my family too!

We made 4 vintage cards and 1 gift tag.  Making these 5 things took 3 hours!  We did alot of embossing, cutting, pasting, stamping, coloring and used special tools to give them the vintage look.

I really enjoy taking classes at Archiver’s.  Since I do not have a big collection of scrapbooking tools, it is more appropriate for me to go there to make things and use their supplies.   Though I have made two really cool scrapbooks at home (more on one of those after Christmas).   During this vintage card class, my mom said “this could become addicting.”  And I have to agree.  I love to design and create.  And this is one addiction I wouldn’t mind having!

Click here to see another fun thing I made at Archiver’s.

What is one thing you’ve done to make your holiday season meaningful and memborable?

This entry was posted in Fabulousity and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Handmade Vintage Holiday Cards

1. briarrose says:

Lovely job. I haven’t seen cards like this in forever and didn’t realize how much I missed them. 😉

2. What cute Holiday cards! This reminds me I need to get a move on ordering our Christmas cards and start getting them sent out!

3. mindymac says:

These are beautiful! I really like the “Peace, Love, & Joy” one. I’d love to take this class. I could see how this would get addicting, I’m already thinking of ways to variate these! Thanks for sharing.
    Mindy@FindingSilverLinings

4. Amanda says:

These are so amazing. Nice job! Thanks for sharing, they really are beautiful. I really love giving mushy, incredibly sentimental gifts. This year we are doing a “Thought a Day” Jar for my grandmother. My mom, sister and I are gathering 365 photos, prayers, stories, messages, thoughts, etc. about and for my grandmother, putting them in a business card size piece of paper and putting them all into a jar. And once a day, for a year, she can pull out a card and find out something that someone else thought about her. We are asking friends and family via Facebook, e-mail, phone calls, etc. It’s a lot of work, but totally worth it! My grandmother has made a big impact on our little town and I want to make sure she knows it.

• Impressive! That is the best idea I’ve heard in a long time. So thoughtful of everyone and how nice that each day she can wake up and have a mood booster everyday by reading one of her personal messages!

5. eatingRD says:

wow, your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Love doing crafty stuff like that especially when you can use someone else’s big stash of supplies 🙂

6. Those cards are beautiful. They certainly beat my stick figure people drawn on my Christmas cards hehe.

These are amazing, I love them!

8. emily says:

those cards are completely adorable! i love anything vintage, and i think that handmade cards are way better than storebought cards. 🙂

9. ihearteggs says:

LOVE the cards! what a cute idea!

The biggest thing I’ve done to make the holiday memorable hasnt happened…. YET… but it’s set up, I booked a session with a really greta photographer to have an updated family photo taken for my parents while I’m home!

10. Wow! Those are great! I can’t believe you made them!

11. Great cards. And the fact you got to make them in a class with your mom makes it even better. Lovely shadowbox “wall” project too!

12. How pretty are these! Love ’em!

And what a great activity to do with your mama 😉

13. Kayla says:

These are so beautiful! I love making cards, so fun!

14. carascravings says:

Those cards are so impressive and very unique.
    Nice work.

15. Hester says:

OMG, these are absolute fabulosity! I should find a workshop like that here in So Cal. It looks terribly fun to make, even if it is time-consuming. But one can totally tell they’re one-of-a-kind masterpieces and made with so much love 🙂 The recipients are very lucky! Good job!

16. those cards are AMAZING!!! you could sell them!