Cookie Exchange Part II

Get ready to indulge…

I’ve got some sugar and spice and everything nice to make your holiday extra sweet!

Recently I attended a cookie exchange at my friend Heather’s house.  What a lovely and cozy time it was.  I even won the door prize 🙂 Here it is:

Now featuring 3 more of the blissful treats that were at the party.

Cranberry Layer Bars

• 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookies
  • 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tsp. grated orange peel
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. chopped fresh or dried cranberries
  • 1 c. white vanilla baking chips
  • 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 c. coarsely chopped pretzels

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.  Break up cookie dough into pan.  With floured finges, press dough evenly in bottom of pan.  Bake 12-15 min. or until edges are golden brown.

In medium bowl, beat condensed milk, orange peel and egg with a whisk until combined.  Remove crust from oven and spread milk mixture evenly over crust.  Sprinkle with cranberries, vanilla chips, chocolate chips and pretzels.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is set.  Cool 1 1/2 hours.  Refrigerate 30 min. or until chocolate is set.  Cut into squares to serve.

Gingerbread Drops

• 1 pkg. premade Pillsbury Gingerbread cookie dough
  • Granulated sugar for coating

With 1 Tbsp. of the dough, roll into ball and then roll in sugar to coat fully.  Do this until all dough used up.   So simple right!

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-11 min. at 350 degrees.

Cool completely and frost as desired.

The simplest cookie recipe ever.

Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies

• 3/4 c. butter
  • 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips (or one 12 oz. bag)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp. bakign soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 36 Andes chocolate mint candies

In large pan over low heat, cook butter, sugar and water until butter is melted.  Add chocolate chips and stir until partially melted.  Remove from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted.  Pour into a large bowl and let stand 10 minutes to cool off.

At high speed, beat in eggs, one at a time into chocolate mixture.  Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients, beating until blended.  Chill dough about 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Roll dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake 8-9 minutes.  While cookies are baking, unwrap mints and divide each in half.  When cookies are brought out of the oven, put 1/2 mint on top of each cookie.  Let the mint sit for up to 5 min. until melted, then spread the mint on top of the cookie.

Eat and Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These recipes were ones that I received at the cookie exchange.  I do not know whose recipes they are and I am sorry I cannot give credit to that person.  Simply just sharing with you the holiday treat recipes that were at the cookie exchange I attended.

For Part I of the cookie exchange recipes click here.

To see my contribution to the cookie exchange click here (Creme de Menthe Oreo Poppers).

And stay tuned for Part III of the Cookie Exchange recipes!

Happy Holidays!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever been to a cookie exchange?  And what recipe did you take to share?

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Cookie Exchange Part II

1. allieksmith says:

I have never been to a cookie exchange 😦 .. yet! Maybe one day haha. Each cookie looks soo delicious and I love all of the flavors together! Thank you for sharing :o)

2. Paula Bennett says:

I love cookie exchanges! Gives you a great variety to try and you don’t have to make them all to enjoy them! I think the last one I went to I took sour cream cookies, the ones Grandma used to make and now Norma makes them so delicous! Thanks for all the recipes to add to my cookies section! They all look very tempting! Love, MOM

3. kbwood says:

These cookies look awesome!
    I ❤ cookie exchanges! You always end up with something fun and new! (hopefully)

4. My mother entered me in another cookie swap that takes place this Sunday. I’m making your oreo ball recipe again! They were a big hit! I’m going to use regular oreos and mint chocolate melts. Last year I made gingerbread men, the year before I made chocolate drizzled Italian Biscotti. I’m making a batch of copycat Samoas to bring to the swap for tasting purposes 😉 I never made them and if they are too labor intensive, this girl aint makin 10 dozen! LOL!

5. Oh dear, I have drooled all over myself. WOW those look amazing!!!

I like the cranberry layered bar, it’s like my fave 7 layer bars. Baking is the BEST! getting in the kitchen this weekend with my mom!

6. last year I made oatmeal choc. chip cookies from a cooking light magazine. I actually accidently only use a 1/4th of the butter and they turned out great! Ppl kept complimenting me on them! Mistakes sometimes work out!

7. ihearteggs says:

My cookie exchange was yesterday! I made soft mollases cookies… they were a hit! People who werent even involved are asking for the recipe!

8. Meri says:

My new go-to cookie move is going to be meringues in all sorts of varieties, as they are really easy to make and you can add any flavor or topping you want… the opportunities!
    That picture makes me want a ginger snap!

9. julie says:

hey girl! thanks for the comment on my blog 🙂 here’s the egg white oat how-to! let me know if you try and love!

10. Ohh wow the layer bars and the mint cookies look absolutely amazing!!

11. Lovely prize and such a cute Santa pic. Those Cranberry Layer bars look unbelievably good. I’ve got to drool on them a bit before advancing on to the other two.

12. Evan Thomas says:

Those bars look SO good. I love the sweet/saltiness from the pretzels. Great idea!

13. glidingcalm says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH YOUR BLOG IS SO ADORABLE!! HOW DID I NOT FIND THIS SOONER?! AND ALL OF YOUR HOSTING SNACKS!!! SO CUTE!! I just might have to make those for the next party!!!