4 different lovely bloggers have tagged me lately on their own blogs. Showing some blogosphere love 🙂
First is Mindy at Finding Silver Linings~~She was in the need of a quick and easy recipe for the cookie swap she was going to attend and she ended up making Peppermint Oreo Balls. See her Peppermint Oreo Ball post here. Thanks Mindy for the shout out on your blog!
Next up was Mara at I Made Dinner. She was looking for some guest posts via twitter and I jumped at the chance to be a guest blogger on her site. I could send her any food post that I wanted to…and I chose a dessert one. Imagine that! I shared with Mara the Creme de Menthe Oreo Popper post that I had created. Look at my guest post here on her blog!
Next up is Shanna from Shanna Like Banana. During her holiday baking she made one of the recipes that I featured on my blog. She made the white chocolate cherry shortbread cookies that I posted about here. To see her blog post on the white chocolate cherry shortbread cookies she made click here. Thanks again for the shout out Shanna!
I was tagged by Pam at the Bored Cook also. She had been tagged by Caveman Cooking to answer questions about herself and decided to keep the tagging going to other bloggers she likes. She listed TheSceneFromMe as one of the blogs she’s recently started following and enjoying. You can see her post and the questions she had to answer here.
So here it goes Pam, here are your questions and my answers:
- What was the first entry you posted on your blog? My first post was about a Beautiful Biking Day. It was Nov. 10, 70 degrees out and I went on a long bike ride that day. Since this was my first post, it was very short and simple. I was basically trying to figure out how WordPress worked. And I still don’t know, I am still learning WordPress. It’s like you have to be a computer programmer to figure it all out and their templates don’t allow me to do everything I’d like to do on my blog or I’m dumb and can’t figure it out.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I love sharing all my pictures and recipes that I’ve tried on my blog the most. I love to take pictures, edit pictures and be in pictures and this is a great venue to share them. I love to being in the kitchen, baking and cooking new things and this is a way to share the things I make with my family and friends.
- What is the most important thing you have learned about having a blog? Well I’ve only had a blog for several months and I guess the most important thing I’ve learned is to give credit where credit is due. If it’s not yours, don’t claim it. And also I’ve learned that WordPress is not the best template for a beginner blogger.
- What was the worst job you ever had? I can’t say that I’ve had any really bad jobs. Between babysitting, being an assistant in a salon, working in a doctors office and hospital, I can’t say that any of them have been the worst. Now if I could have any dream job, it would be to be a dancer on tour with Janet Jackson. But I have no skills in that area 🙂
- Name the one food you hate and absolutely will not eat? Raw meat sushi and sashimi. Ick.
- The one movie you could watch a million times without ever getting bored with it? Coyote Ugly.
- Name one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to you? Running into a cement post in middle school and getting a bloody nose in front of my friends and probably some cute boy I liked.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? I really hate when people are driving and they swerve their vehicles out to the left in my lane to make a right hand turn. That irks me! Learn to drive people! That’s coming from someone who failed their driving test on the first attempt (it wasn’t my fault, really…).
Now it’s my turn to choose 10 blogs that I love, tag them and create 10 new questions for them to answer.
Chelsey at Clean Eating Chelsey
Shannon at Tropical Eats
Mindy at Finding Silver Linings
Allie at Live, Laugh, Eat
Shanna at Shanna Like Banana
Lauren at Biochemista
Katie at Dashing Dish
Marla at Family Fresh Cooking
Katie at Faith Food Fitness
- If were stranded on a deserted island and could only have 3 items, what would they be?
- If you had to only eat one food item for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Are any of the walls in your house painted your favorite color?
- Would you rather have a piece pie, a cupcake, a cookie, a bar or a piece of cake on your birthday?
- How much time do you spend blogging every day (that includes reading and commenting on other blogs)?
- If you could choose to live on a beach, in the mountains, in the woods or in a big city which would it be?
- Who is your favorite band/musician from your teenage years?
- What is one of your favorite smells?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would your dream job be?
- What is one of your worse personality traits?
Your job is now to make up 8-10 of your own questions, choose 8-10 blogs you enjoy and have them answer and do the same.
Happy New Year 2011!
Last night for our friends NYE party, I took Cookie Dough Bites and Buckeye Delights (to be featured in an upcoming post) for sweet treats. I also took pigs in a blanket and sausage cheese toasts as savory items to munch on! What a fun night it was!
May you prosper in this new year 🙂