Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice

Recipes coming right up…but first let’s see how we rang in 2011 with a BANG!

It was definitely a black high heel night!

Have you ever had a JuicyFruit shot?  Smells just like the gum!

CHEERS!

It was a wonderful New Year’s Eve party with great friends and fun shenanigans!

May your new year be filled with peace, love and joy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now onto a few more delicious recipes!

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 085

In addition to the egg mcmuffins we enjoyed on Christmas morning, my Mom also made these crescent cranberry wreaths.

So festive and colorful since they have red cranberries and are shaped like wreaths!  I know Christmas is well over with, but I still had a few recipes to share with you from the holidays at home.

Crescent Cranberry Wreaths

• 1/3 cup finely chopped sweetened dried cranberries
  • 2 tablespoons cherry or strawberry preserves
  • 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
  • 1 oz white chocolate baking bar, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil

Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cranberries and preserves.

2If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough into 2 rectangles. Press each to form 8×6-inch rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 2 rectangles. Press each to form 8×6-inch rectangle.

3Spread cranberry mixture over 1 rectangle to edges. Place second rectangle on top; press lightly. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut lengthwise into six 8-inch-long strips. Twist each strip 3 times, and shape into ring on cookie sheet; pinch ends to seal.

4Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave baking bar and oil uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir until melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave 10 to 20 seconds longer. Drizzle over warm wreaths. Serve warm.

Recipe from Pillsbury.

Enjoy!~

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 076

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 430  Christmas 2010 Bennett House 432

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 438

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 448

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 239

These deliciously soft and cheesy breadsticks are one of my brother’s and husband’s favorite snacks.  My mom made up the treat a while back and has been making them ever since because they are so yummy.  Simply made from refrigerated breadsticks, garlic butter, garlic salt and seasonings, topped with mozzarella cheese!

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 240 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 299

In these pictures I am making pizza bites.  I don’t have a recipe for these, just something we’ve made before and they’ve been gobbled up, so I know they are a hit.  So easy to eat and alot less messy than picking up a slice of pizza.

Use a can of refrigerated breadsticks and cut each breadstick in half.  Roll out half breadstick some and then wrap around a piece of pepperoni and a cube of cheese.  Form a ball and press all edges to seal.  Lay in baking pan 2 inches apart and bake as breadstick package instructions indicate or until browned.  Serve with warmed pizza sauce for dipping!

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 301 Admist all the hub-bub of our party celebration and getting all the appetizers out, I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product 🙂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the worse day of the holidays is probably the day after Christmas according to my Mom.  She absolutely loves all her kids to be home for the holidays and always dreads the day that we pack up and head back to our own homes.  You can imagine having a house full of hub-bub and then the next minute it’s all gone.  If work and other duties at home weren’t calling us, we’d definitely stay longer.

So the morning after Christmas my Mom made us this warm, sweet and tasty cinnamon roll french toast bake to fill our bellies before we set out on the long road home 🙂

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 602

Cinnamon French Toast Bake

• 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
  • 2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
  • 6 Eggland’s Best eggs
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Chopped Pecans
  • 1 cup maple syrup

Garnish

• Icing from cinnamon rolls
  • Powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup, if desired

Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.

In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with 1 cup syrup.

Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.

Drizzle icing over top; sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, spoon syrup from dish over individual servings. Serve with the additional 1/2 cup maple syrup.

Recipe from Pillsbury.

Enjoy~!

Christmas 2010 Bennett House 598 Christmas 2010 Bennett House 599 Christmas 2010 Bennett House 600 Christmas 2010 Bennett House 601

Scrumdiddlyumptious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frost 015

So in this new year, 2011, I know I cannot keep up the blogging pace that I have over the last two months since I started my blog.  I really wish I had more hours in my day to read other blogs, comment and develop posts of my own.  But from now on I won’t be posting every day.  I will simply post when I have something great to share and when I have time to develop the post without my blog getting in the way of the other important aspects of my life.  Thanks for your understanding!

Does anyone else struggle with finding the time to blog?

This entry was posted in Deliciousness, Fabulousity and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice

1. Looks like you had such a fun NYE! Love all the pillsbury recipes…The bake-off rules are going to be posted soon, I really want to try to get in this year 🙂 I was a finalist in 2008 and it was freakin amazing!

Cute pictures! I love your outfit and your ring 🙂

I always make pizza rolls but never thought to mix it up a bit and make pizza bites, sounds saucy!

When I am crunched for time, I give myself an allotted amount of time that I have to blog, read over blogs, etc. b/c if I dont, three hours will go by and bam, time to go to bed.

3. Jill says:

yummy recipes!!! and i’m digging the shoe picture!!!

at this point in my life, I have a son who naps in the middle of the day…and that’s usually my blog time. if i can’t get to it then, for whatever reason..i usually write my blogs out in my word processer at night before bed… and then post them when i have a free minute.

4. I totally do! Thats all i have been doing these past few weeks on break. But I love it. Its like my getaway. and when you blog we would rather see you do it because you want to!

You always have tons of new recipes! Love it!
    Your blog is like a little online scrapbook of your life! lol so cute! 🙂

5. Paula Bennett says:

Wow! Looks like you had a great NYE! So much fun to be with great friends like that. I’m glad that you are going to take a little more time for yourself. I love reading your blog updates, but this way I will look forward to them and know it hasn’t been such a job for you to get to everyday. Love, Paula

6. Love all the NYE pictures. Looks like a great time! I think one thing that helps me with blogging is trying to work on my posts throughout the day. Of course, not everyone can do that depending on work situations. I don’t incorporate tons of fancy pics either, rarely try to do any editing on them because it just takes too long.

• Thanks Heather! I am one of those persons that if I do something I am doing it full tilt, not half way, so I spend alot of time on my posts, but that is going to be slowing down for me as I’m not able to get much else done in my life except blogging 🙂

7. What a fun New Years Eve party! Love all the black 🙂
    I struggle to sometimes find time to blog and my theory is that it definitely shouldn’t get in the way of enjoying life. Period!

8. I’m on break right now, so I have more time to blog. Not going to lie, though- I work only part time, so I probably have way more time than a lot of people! Even if you don’t post as frequently, I’ll still be reading your blog- I love it!

9. Those cranberry wreaths and french toast look AMAZING! good luck in the new year…i know all your readers understand that you won’t be posting every day. blogging is supposed to be fun, not a chore!!

10. Stephanie says:

I love your posts, too! Such a kindred spirit…I take pictures of my kitchen creations as well…but don’t have the confidence to post them! I may be trying out a few of your wonderful recipes. Thanks so much for sharing! And, yes, I struggle with finding time to blog especially since having our second baby! Keeping up with two kiddos leaves little time for my blog! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Looking forward to reading more of your blog as you are inspired to post:)

• Thank you Stephanie. You should post more of the food you make! Things don’t have to be perfect and you always take wonderful pictures, so I am sure they’d look great in your blog too. Have a great new year!

11. It looks like you had a great New Year’s! I hope for a wonderful 2011 for you! The recipes look fab as well. I would love to try the cranberry wreaths soon!

12. Looks like a super fabulous NYE! And that food looks sooo delightful!

13. christina says:

love your NYE top! and those wreaths look DELICIOUS!

14. Monet says:

It looks like you had an amazing New Years! You are just adorable. And all of those goodies? Yum! I just loved those cranberry wreaths. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing this recipe with me. I hope you have a lovely start to your week!

15. Blogging always takes so much longer than I think it will! I have a hard time not letting it take over the rest of the day. your new year times look full of so much fun and friendship! I like that your comment about the shot is how it *smells.* haha by the way, you are an amazing cook! those are so picturesque!

16. YES! I too struggle with the time to blog and don’t want it to interfere with the rest of my life. That’s why I was MIA over Xmas and New Year’s…just wasn’t feeling it.

Good luck =)

17. Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish says:

That French Toast bake looks and sounds heavenly!

18. Mindy says:

Looks like a great time and delicious recipes!

19. Wow – the cranberry “wreaths” look UNREAL!

20. That cinnamon french toast bake looks amazing 🙂
    Happy New Year!

21. I seriously am going to make the crescent cranberry wreaths next Christmas! So fun, thanks for sharing!!!

22. leashieloo says:

The French toast bake looks amazing and Juicy Fruit shot?! Call me intrigued, how would one make a shot of this caliber?

• With ThreeOlives Bubblegum Vodka and sweet and sour mix. I am not sure of the ratio, but those are the ingredients. Then we put lemon juice around the rim of the shot glass and dipped it in chocolate.

23. Great pics! Looks like you had a pretty rocking NYE!

I so wish I could just get paid to sit in front of the computer all day catching up on my favorite blogs and working on posts and recipes for my own. Darn those bills! I’ve had my blog for almost two months now and I do think I’m getting a little faster with posting, but I’ve also added on a whole new slew of other blogs that I want to read. I have to be careful because time can definitely get away from me!

• Hey girl, I’ve been blogging for about 2 months now too. The time just gets from me when I get on my computer and start to read, comment and write. None of it is fast ya know. And then the job…the job gets in the way. I cannot blog on the days that I work since my shifts are long, 13 hours.
      Some days I wish would go fast, some days I wish would slow down. Go figure!