Paws In The Powder

016 028

~~Snow Snow Snow~~

I guess that’s what happens in the winter when you are in the midwest.

I am so cold natured that my hands instantly feel like I’m getting frostbite.  I wish I knew where to find battery operated warming gloves, I need a pair!

Don’t get me wrong.  I love it.  But only if I can stay in and watch it snow.  I don’t like when I have to get out of the house when there’s a blizzard outside.  AKA Snowzilla.  More so, I don’t like to get out in the snow when someone else is dictating where I need to be (like work).  If I get out in the snow it is because I darn well want to be out in it, not that I have to be out in it.

I love to go sledding, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, tubing and snow angel making in the snow.

Most of all:  I love snow ice cream!

Here’s some pics of J&R playing in the snow recently~

DSCN3549 DSCN3550 DSCN3551 DSCN3552 DSCN3553 DSCN3554 DSCN3555 DSCN3556 DSCN3557 DSCN3559 DSCN3560 DSCN3561 DSCN3562 DSCN3563 DSCN3564 The snow drifts were so tall in some areas the girls would be buried in the snow!DSCN3565 I got as many pictures as I could without freezing my ungloved hand off and all the while wrangling two pups on leashes and trying not to fall over in the snow myself!DSCN3567 DSCN3570 DSCN3571 DSCN3572 DSCN3573 DSCN3574 DSCN3575

Ripley just shivers when out in the snow and Journey on the other hand plows right through it and doesn’t seem bothered by it.  Go figure.  Ripley is the timid (bashful, sweet, quiet) one and Journey is our maniac (wild, crazy, hyper) sharpei!  These girls are so funny.  They got some new toys seen here:

002These toys aren’t really meant for dogs.  In fact, they are kiddie stuffed animals.  But these pups are my husbands girls and buying them kiddie toys is just how he rolls.  🙂

To see the scrapbook that I made of these girls click here

To see them reinact Lady and the Tramp click here.

And to see the first post I ever did of our girls click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning Ripley goes to the vet for her third eye surgery.  Just call her Tammy Faye Baker.  Entropion has gotten the best of our girls with all their wrinkles!

Tonight is a date night for us and our new neighbors!  Yea for someone else cooking my dinner 🙂  Our kitchen shall remain clean tonight.  Sigh~

What is your favorite thing do to in the snow?

If you don’t get snow where you live, do you ever vacation where there is snow?

This entry was posted in A Scene and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Paws In The Powder

1. how fun that you have a date with the neighbors! i wish we had people our age in our neighborhood!! and your dogs are ADORABLE 🙂

2. I haven’t seen snow since I was a little girl — probably last time was when I was 7 years old. I remember making snow angels, having snowball fights, and building snowmen. Not really; when we go on vacation, it’s warm everywhere! I am planning on going to a college in Idaho during the winter in a year or two, so I’ll get my share of snow. 😉

3. Meri says:

Oh, those puppy in the snow pictures are so cute! I love the monkey toys too, I think I want one to cuddle up with in bed 🙂

4. There’s actually a winter storm warning where I live for tomorrow. Aw poor poochie! Rocco sends hugs & kisses to the pup!

5. So cute!

I live in the South so we don’t get enough snow to really DO anything in. I do like looking at it though. Our pretty 1 inch covering we get once, maybe twice, a year. LOL

• It is pretty to look at if everyday could be a snow day! But work calls and out the door I usually have to go. Today’s my day off so I’m watching the snow fall from inside my home!

6. Your dogs are beautiful!!! wow!

7. Your pups are just too cute! Are they sharpeis?

8. greekmelie says:

The dogs look ridiculously cute! Are they sarpeis? They are so big! When I last saw my sister’s “puppy” he could almost throw me on the floor trying to play with me. I cannot imagine the outcome when I next see him if he has gotten this big!

9. kbwood says:

OH my gosh your doggie is SO CUTE GIRL!!! I love it!!! Ahh you make me want snow! so pretty!

10. Tatiana says:

Awww i love your doggies they are super cute! We havent gotten any snow here this year it looks like you got it all!

~Have a great day!

11. allieksmith says:

Snow ice cream!! I read about that for the first time in a book written by Paula Deen LOL!! Your husbands dogs are beautiful 🙂 They look like they had a fun time in the snow ! I love snow… if only it wasn’t FREEZING!

12. Keri S says:

OMG. They are so freaken adorable, I just want to hug them!!! We can’t seem to get away from all the snow. So ready for summer!

13. peasandcrayons says:

How stinkin’ cute are they!? =) I need big wrinkly dogs so i can play with them in the snow!!!

ahhhh weekends almost here! =)

xoXOxo
    jenn

14. What adorable fur babies! I love the picture in the sunglasses. I love watching dogs play in the snow. I swear every year they forget what it is and that first snow is so exciting for them!

15. Glad Ripley made it home safely from the vet. I can’t imagine all that snow. I think 70 degrees is just a bit chilly 😉 Hope you have fun tonight. I wish we had more friends to eat over at houses with. Most people just want to eat out.

16. Katherine: Unemployed says:

I am such a wuss; I avoid snow at all costs! How can your dogs stand it!?! freezing

17. Megan says:

I love those two pups. My Huckleberry is a mad-dog for the snow, he can’t get enough of it!
    If you need some battery powered gloves – Gerbings is the place to go! I got heated gear for Ben (my hunny)’s motocycle. He plugs ’em in and stays warm! The battery ones are a great idea too 🙂

18. Annie says:

Ugh, I live in Pittsburgh and have had enough of snow and cold weather already! Winter would be perfect for me if it only lasted from November through Christmas and then suddenly turned sunny and 70 degrees.

19. Finally a post I can read 🙂 Your dogs are soooo cute! I visited a friend in Colorado once and took her dogs for a walk in the snow, and one of them freaked out, while the other loved it!

20. I live in the snow and I detest it! I hate being cold. However, I do love to snowboard! Your pup is so dang cute!!

21. aww! such cute puppies! I swear, if I could, I would just have my house be a doggy house.

22. Paula Bennett says:

I’m so glad that Ripley did ok today at the vet for her surgery. She is a trooper. My favorite thing to do in the snow is to go for a walk in our woods. I loved it when we used to pull the sled behind the 4-wheeler too! I’m looking forward to going on a toboggan ride soon! I love to be snowed in also, watching is snow from the inside. It is like an unexpected day off! Love, Paula

23. christina says:

ahhh i am in love with those puppies’ faces!!!

24. greensandjeans says:

Your pups are SO cute! Something about dogs in snow just melts me!

OMG I love the pups!!! Hope her eyes are doing ok 🙂

We only get snow here once or twice a year so when we get it, I get psyched. I love sledding, doing snow angels or just walking around. When it’s all snowy outside, it seems so peaceful and all is right with the world.

• Thanks and yes Ripley is doing okay after her minor surgery. Just call her Tammy Faye Baker, ha!
      I agree, snow does make a beautiful landscape and make it seem peaceful….until it gets all sloshy, mushy and dirty!

26. Shannon says:

love the puppy pictures 🙂 they always look like they have so much fun in the snow… ah, to be a kid again! i still like catching snowflakes and making snow angels 🙂

27. This is about the most precious thing I.have.ever.seen!!! LOOOOOVE the snow pics. LOOOOOVE the sunglasses! Adorable : )

28. So would you believe my dog is a German Shepherd / Chinese Sharepei mix! Crazy combo right? She looks mostly like a Shepherd, but she’s all wrinkly and squishy aruond her neck and face like a Sharpei.

Your dogs are adorable 😉

29. Ohh your dog is so adorable:) I love those snow photos…We are having tons of snow here too..Its freezing cold but I totally love it…Btw: I have two dogs:)
    Kisses and wish you great Friday

30. These photos made my morning! Your pups are so cute!

I am exactly the same way in the snow–I love marveling at it’s beauty as long as I’m WARM inside! My toes and fingers are frozen within five minutes of stepping out the door, making snow activities slightly uncomfortable! Haha. Would you be in on a joint venture if we invented electric handwarmers together? 🙂

Snow ice cream is so much fun!

• Ha Sara! I’ve actually found electric handwarmer gloves online, but they are so expensive! They were battery operated and then had a power cord you could use if you were somewhere with an outlet. I want them for skiing! But the price is steep.

31. Merut says:

My hands are instantly freezing in winter time, even in my own house. What an adorable pup! My favorite thing to do in the snow is snowshoe, but mostly I’m trying to get out of it.

32. Kerr says:

your pups are sooo cute!