Buckeye Delight

NYE baking collage5

These lil suckers are Buckeye Delights.   And I mean they are D E L I G H T F U L !!!

Chocolate sugar cookie, peanut butter and chocolate frosting.  What’s NOT to love?!?!

NYE baking collage1

First I lined mini muffin tins with paper liners.  I used two different designs of papers because I didn’t have enough of one kind in this size.  And that hurt.  I love to match everything and now the papers are mismatched like a bad pair of socks.  I mixed up the cocoa-ified sugar cookie dough and pressed into the bottom of the paper liner and made a thumbprint in them.

NYE baking collage2

Then came the best part: the peanut butter dough ball in the middle!  I may have stuffed a few of these bad boys right in to my mouth as I was making them to go in the cooked cookie cups.  But who’s counting?

These buckeyes are similar to the ones I featured here.

NYE baking collage6

And then comes the chocolate frosting on top.  Like a cherry on top, but even better!   Sadly the frosting I was making never thickened enough to spread on top, but luckily I had premade whipped chocolate frosting in the fridge that I used instead.  And the last step is mixing chocolate and peanut butter in a baggie and making cute swirly marks on top of the buckeye delight.

NYE baking collage3

• 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Topping

• 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 36 mini muffin cups with mini foil candy cups (about 1 1/4 inch). In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until dough forms. Press about 1 tablespoon dough into each foil cup. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until puffy and set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove from pan.
  2. In small bowl, mix filling ingredients until well blended. Press about 1 teaspoon mixture on top of each cooled cookie.
  3. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cooled. Spread about 2 teaspoons chocolate mixture over each cookie cup.
  4. Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until softened; knead to mix. Cut off small tip from one corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate mixture over each cookie cup. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. Store covered in refrigerator.

Thanks to Betty Crocker for the recipe 🙂  And thanks to my work friend Amy for introducing me to this magnificant treat!

Enjoy~

NYE baking 2010 021

NYE baking 2010 027

NYE baking 2010 032

NYE baking 2010 037

NYE baking 2010 046

NYE baking 2010 039

Don’t pass by these treats after reading this post!  They are screaming at you and they want in your belly!

You won’t be disappointed 🙂

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Buckeye Delight

1. Liz @ Blog is the New Black says:

Eek! Holy deliciousness!

2. I’m not disappointed just looking at them. Holy Moly those look fantastic.

3. umm….cupcake post? I officially love your blog! I want one…now!

4. Angela says:

This is what I would say to one before I ate it: Hello Lover!

I love peanut butter and chocolate together. I wish that I loved nut butters on their own, but nope, love them in chocolate only.

5. what an awesome idea! since i’m from Ohio- the buckeye state, i’ll definitely be making these 🙂

6. stephchows says:

oh man do these look decadently good!!! delicious!

7. These look dangerously delicious! perhaps make for the next party?

8. Lindsay says:

You’re right — what’s not to love?!

9. merrymishaps says:

Drooling. I will definitely be making these. But might have to wait until I’m marathon training again. I will surely eat too many and will need to burn them off!

10. Why and how are you so thin? These look like a 4 or 5 cookie minimum. OMG!

11. ihearteggs says:

Wow… I’m seriously wishing I wasnt dieting right now. ahahaha Book marked for…. July! lol

12. OMG girl, these look to DIE for!!! BTW, you are so gorgeous!!

13. OliePants says:

Sounds weird but it’s only recently I got into the PB & Chocolate combo – and I have to say this is a great recipe for me to start with! 🙂

14. oh yes! these are definately to die for!!

15. Elle says:

Oh man, these look sinfully good! What a great combination of flavors. Love them!

16. Peggy says:

I adore buckeyes and these cute little delights are something I could eat over and over again! Although I’m sure my waist line wouldn’t enjoy that… but hey, you have to indulge once in a while!

17. Erica says:

What a great idea! I love the old fashion buckeyes that my grandma always used to make…and this is like a way cooler updated version. Chocolate & peanut butter…meant to be together!

18. Kate @ Walking in the Rain says:

I have never heard of a buckeye before, but yum these look fantastic. I’ll just add them to the list of things to make the next time I have to bring a baked good somewhere.

19. Oh my gosh, you are a genius! These flavors are the best all together!

20. Oh hello, these look amazing! They are screaming at me. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I’m glad I’ve found you now:)

21. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard. No fair. They should invent vitrual sharing of food through the computer. I am so snacky right now 😉

22. Love love love chocolate + peanut butter! These look so incredibly good!

23. Your a freakin genius! WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE! I think i just drooled on my keyboard!
    Better go get a paper towel!

24. Oh my goodness! These look incredible!

25. Kerr says:

Wow these look amazing! I think I am going to be forced to make them this weekend. So glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment, I am looking forward to perusing all your recipes!

26. leashieloo says:

Anything with chocolate and peanut butter is the best, but I love how the base is a cookie!

27. Stefanie says:

These look ridiculously good! 🙂

28. Melissa says:

OMG! These look delish!

Holy balls!

Thats all I have to say. Other than that I want to save some of these pictures and make them the background on my computer 🙂

Please tell me you own your own shop or sweets catering or something b/c if not, you need to get into that!!

30. Oh my gosh! I could do some major damage with these babies! I LOVE buckeyes! Great pics…the shot showing the middle is seriously making me drool!

31. Jessica says:

Mmm Buckeyes! They have zero calories right?! 😛

32. These look beyond amazing!!! My mouth is watering! :p

33. says:

WOW. I need to make this soon!

34. Pam says:

The *frosting* is called ganache. I ususally bring the cream to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the the chocolate chips. Then I set the pan in the freezer while I make the cookies and the pb filling. Every now and then, I give the ganache a stir. Sometimes it doesn’t thicken up for me either, so I beat it a little and then it thickens up. You could also melt more chocolate chips and stir them in. I’m glad you like these so much because I actually wrote the recipe for Betty :o) and won as a finalist. Even though Betty says they take 2 hours and 40 minutes, I can have the whole batch done in an hour (I guess I’m a good multi-tasker). Your pictures are great!