Terrific Taco Pie

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 100

It’s not Taco Tuesday, but any day can be a taco day in our house.  That’s how much we love them!

I prefer soft shells to hard shells.  I prefer black beans to refried beans.  And I prefer saucy salsa to chunky salsa.  I’m not hard to please.

Where I live, there are tons of Mexican restaurants.  We really enjoy eating chips, salsa and white queso dip!  Really, that stuff is so sinfully good.

I hope you are hungry or hangry (so hungry you are angry), because this taco pie just might set your taste buds on fire!

Arriba!  Arriba!

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 003  Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 005 Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 006

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 007  Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 009

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 016 Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 017  Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 019

Easy Baked Taco Pie

1 lb. extra-lean ground beef

1  onion, chopped

1 Tbsp. chili powder

1 can  (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained

1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed, drained

6  whole wheat tortillas (6 inch)

1 cup  Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided

1/4 cup  Light Sour Cream

HEAT oven to 375ºF.

BROWN meat with onions and chili powder in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and corn; cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

SPOON 1 cup meat mixture into 2-qt. round casserole; cover with 3 tortillas, overlapping if necessary to fit in dish. Top with 2 cups of the remaining meat mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas and remaining meat mixture; cover.

BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted. Cut into wedges. Serve topped with sour cream.

Recipe from Kraft.

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 029    Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 033 Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 034

Do you want a slice of this pie?  It’s not dessert pie, but if you love Mexican food, this might as well be dessert pie!

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 039   Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 040Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 042 Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 043  Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 035

Layered taco pie with cheese oozing out of it!  ALOT TO LOVE!

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 045 Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 046

Yep, that’s a huge dollop of sour cream!  But really, the fat free stuff doesn’t taste very good.

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 047

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 049      Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 055  Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 057

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 059   Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 062

Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.  My husband had an idea, he’d top his with this fiery sauce to give it that extra spicy zing!

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 063

Look at those lovely layers!

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 064

We had 3 slices of this taco pie left and I packed up some for my lunch at work the next day!  Score!

Jan. 19 taco pie and lemon dessert 066

OLE!!!

For my easy crock pot taco soup recipe click here

And Cornbread Tamale Pie recipe here.

11-25-10 Thanksgiving 071

What’s your preference?    Hard or soft shell?  Refried or black beans?

Do you have a weekly meal night like Taco Tuesday?

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Terrific Taco Pie

1. I love anything mexican…taco pie!?!? looks amazing!

2. That thing looks more than terrific-it looks incredible!!!!

3. My boyfriend is actually part Mexican, so I’m always trying mexican recipes to impress him. I’m going to have to try this when I see him again, it looks soooooo good.

4. marla says:

I cannot begin to tell you how essential it is that I now make a taco pie. Heck I would even eat this for breakfast. Delish girl!

5. Debbie B. says:

This looks great and super easy! Could be made vegetarian with some jazzed up black beans!

I grew up in a hard shell household and hates it. I always knew soft shells and I were meant to live in Mexican food happiness together! I love the local Mexican plces around here b/c I fill up on the chips and salsa, have a few bites of my meal then it’s usually enough for one to two meals afterwards! Only special occasions for the queso dip though—I could stick a straw in the bowl and just suck it down b/c it’s so good!

7. akismet-ffe7dd8ff250c1881d71c214763048a8 says:

jealous that yours stayed together so nicely…such precision cutting is impressive 😉 it looks great!

8. whoa! sorry about that last comment. you can delete it if you want. i don’t know why my name showed up as jibberish.
    anyways, like i was saying….very impressive construction. another mexican dish to add to the “make for hubby” list!

• No problem Lindsay, that was weird. Love how you said “construction!” It is true, cooking and baking is a great form of construction! And then there’s demolition ie., eating!

9. MMM! This reminds me of my mexican lasagna! Your husband is a lucky guy!

10. I go for soft shell with black beans. 🙂 I’ve never even heard of a Taco pie before! This is so cool!!!

11. I prefer soft shells and black beans too. But I’m more of a chunky salsa girl. I don’t have a weekly meal night, but it sounds like a fun idea. I’ve been subbing sour cream with Greek yogurt recently and I can’t even tell the diff!

12. Soft and black beans for me as well!

I could eat Mexican food every single day of my life and not get sick of it. It brings me extreme amounts of joy!

Omg that looks so amazing! I must log off bc it’s making me hungry!

14. YUMM! As far as I’m concerned–every day should be Taco Tuesday!! 😉

15. Yum – I love mexican food!! This looks so good – We havent had tacos in a while at my house so next Tuesday…this is it!

16. We prefer all the same things, so I definitely know I would love this 🙂

17. I also prefer soft shells and saucy salsa! I think I like black beans and refried beans about equally, though. And white queso dip… um… delicious! Your taco pie looks great, girl! Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂

18. Tracy-girl says:

Those look absolutely delicious!! They are making me hungry. Taking note of that recipe 😉 Thanks for entering the giveaway at my blog. I am so glad I finally found yours… don’t know what took me so long!

19. Katie says:

Give me chips, salsa, and a burrito and I will be HAPPY!!

This looks amazing Amy! I will have to make this for my boys!

I am now craving a margarita ; ) lol!

SUCH a good recipe idea<3 I LOVE IT

Mmmmhm, I want to make something like this using those Morningstar Meatless Crumbles…delish! I’m so excited that you printed my recipe for overnight oats; let me know how they go and hopefully you’ll absolutely Love them like I do! omg this blogging thang is so addicting:)

22. This looks totally delicious and amazing! I haven’t had taco pie in AGES…I think I’ve found dinner inspiration for next week. 🙂

When it comes to tacos, I like ALL types…soft shell for fish, hard for ground beef, soft AND hard for chicken! And no matter what the shell, always topped with cheese, sour cream and guacamole!

23. I definitely have to try this recipe! The hubby would eat tacos/fajitas every night for dinner if I let him. Will sub out the whole wheat tortilla for corn ones (gluten free happiness for me). I’m sure it will be just as tasty looking!

Thanks for visiting my blog BTW!

24. Jenna's Journey says:

holy yum! that taco pie looks amazing!