I know, I’m whipping out treats from my sugar factory like I am Willy Wonka’s sidekick or something. But you secretly know you love it!
Winter. You either love it or you hate it. Or you don’t experience it, depending on where you live.
Where I live in the Midwest, some of our winters can be really harsh with lots of snow, wind chills below zero and ice.
You know, the kind of cold that freezes your nose hairs. Yikes! Don’t laugh. It happens.
So I always end up baking more in these frigid months because I like the warmth inside my home.
My dad’s birthday was the perfect reason to bake up these crispy crunchy sweet treats!
This is like the backwards way to make Rice Krispie treats. You add the marshmallows last, not first.
White chocolate and peanut butter melted and mixed in a bowl with Rice Krispies!
Creamy and gooey peanut butter~
Light and airy Rice Krispies~
Pour’em in and stir. Take a spoon and taste the mixture!
Let the mixture cool. Then add these fluffy white pillows!
Into the mix goes the mini chocolate chips~
You can place the mix in a pan, shape of your choice or make these avalanche mounds like I did~
I thought it would be great to make individual avalanche mounds instead of a bar that I had to cut~
And for a cute touch to the top of the avalanche, I added a Hershey’s Cookies’n’Creme drop~
And goodness ensues.
Peanut buttery, white chocolaty, crunchy, marshmallowy, gooey treat to munch on!
12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for garnish.
Lightly grease a 9×9 pan (or 8×8 if you prefer thicker bars) or whatever pan you want to use
1. In microwave-safe bowl dump in white chips and heat on med power for 1 minute. Stir and continue in 30 second increments until chips are melted.
2. Combine the peanut butter with the melted chips
3. Add the Krispies.
4. Let cool approx 15 – 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so to help cool.
5. Add the marshmallows and the mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
6. Dump mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly with the back of your spoon, but do not compact too much, otherwise they will get hard.
7. Press the remaining chocolate chips into the top for garnish.
When the bars are completely cooled cut into squares and enjoy!
From the Cookies and Cups blog~
Go. Now. Make these. You know you want to!
Bite. Munch. Crunch.
I just have to show you this new tea that I found! Tea with the flavor of White Chocolate Kisses, YUM!
Are you buried in snow where you live?
Do you love the snow or despise it?