Where I Bake and Cook

Our Home August 2008 009

So you’ve see the many delicious treats and meals that I’ve cranked out of my kitchen and now I thought it would be fun to show you where I do all that work at!

My kitchen!  The heartbeat of the home!

My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to design and have our home built 3 years ago.  It was a fun process to figure out how we wanted to design our kitchen, from the cabinet colors, granite colors, cabinet handles, drawer layout, crown molding, flooring, wall color, light fixtures and appliance selection.  And I love the final result as to how it all came together.  I had a vision and my vision of my kitchen worked out!  I love the clean lines of it and the unclutteredness.  I find it a very cheerful place to be!

Our Home August 2008 010

The island cabinets are black and all the other cabinets are expresso color.

The granite on the island is silver and grey.  The granite counters on the perimeter are black.

granite

Our Home August 2008 011  Our Home August 2008 013 Our Home August 2008 014

The sitting area in our kitchen~

Our Home August 2008 015

2-5-11 2 005

The kitchen sink full of dirty dishes from my cooking spree last night for our poker party.

One of four utensil drawers.  Thanks Mom for organizing it!

2-5-11 2 006

2-5-11 2 007

2-5-11 2 008

2-5-11 2 009

And for a look inside my pantry!!!  Can you believe two people need this much food, geesh!

2-5-11 2 010

The can shelf in my pantry.

2-5-11 2 011

I love bright colors and I am not afraid of them.  Hence why my whole kitchen is bright orange!  Love it!

Our Home August 2008 016

That textured glass door leads to the pantry which is full of shelving and can shelves too~

Our Home August 2008 017

chickpea salad 001

All of our upper cabinets have metal cabinet faces~ Love the modern look of it!

chickpea salad 002

Love the sitting area in our kitchen.  Afterall, it is where we hang out most of the time!!!

chickpea salad 006

Our cabinets are really tall and go all the way to the ceiling.  None of the top ones have anything in them, but it’s a great place to hide things!

chickpea salad 007

Standing on the stairs looking in to the living room on the left and kitchen.

chickpea salad 008

chickpea salad 009

chickpea salad 010

This stainless steel “eye” or “surfboard” is something I designed for our long island.

chickpea salad 011

The “surfboard” atop our center kitchen island.  I designed this because I wanted it to be a focal point on the island, a place to display things and food~

chickpea salad 012

Hey there Journey!  Once we got dogs, I had to cover up alot of my wood floors with rugs~

chickpea salad 013

Breakfast nook~

chickpea salad 014

I designed these bulkheads for the ceiling of our kitchen and sitting area and the insides of them are painted silver~

chickpea salad 015

These block windows allow a lot of light in to the kitchen~My chalkboard picture from that I drew on and a picture of us with our friends tailgating at Bonge’s Tavern for our anniversary!

chickpea salad 016

Love our stainless steel backsplash, and the picture of our friends with us in Jamaica!

chickpea salad 017

I absolutely love my orange lights!  I picked them out for a reason!  Dreamsicle~

chickpea salad 018

Love that I have a big peep hole from my kitchen in to the living room~

chickpea salad 019

Notice the gates in these two pictures?  They are for our pups, Journey & Ripley~

chickpea salad 020

And that glass door leads to my walk-in pantry~

chickpea salad 021  chickpea salad 023

So that’s it.  That was your tour of my kitchen!  Hope you enjoyed it 🙂

If you could design your dream kitchen, what is one thing you would put in it?

If you could paint the walls in your kitchen any color, what color would you choose?

I would love it if you had pictures of your kitchen to share with me!

What room/rooms of mine do you want to see next?

This entry was posted in Fabulousity and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

165 Responses to Where I Bake and Cook

1. I love how much natural light you get in your home. That is the one thing I dislike about my house – I don’t get enough light! We have a huge beautiful bay windwo in the living room, but only one measly window in the kitchen, and it’s on the opposite side of the room that the counter is on. Also through that window, another house is like 10 feet away, so we never get good light. That is a must when we move eventually someday – lots and lots of light!!

I am about to cry because thats how much I want your kitchen-it’s absolutely beautiful!! You would cry if you saw the size of mine and how little space I have plus barely any cabinet space whatsoever.

If I had to design my own–I want your kitchen, thats all!! I love the colors and the modern feel of it,

• Why thank you! I really love my kitchen, but dark cabinets and dark countertops are hard to keep clean. I am lucky to have more space than I could ever use, especially with all the cabinets in the top row! I am all about modern decor. The rest of my house is the same way 🙂

3. Your kitchen is seriously beautiful. No wonder you can cook so many amazing things ha. It is probably one of my favorite ones I have seen. I like bright rooms and it lets so much light in.

4. OMG your kitchen/dining area is what I DREAM about… how incredibly beautiful! so jealous!!!

I grew up with a red kitchen and then a yellow kitchen and loved them both and prob would pick one of those colors or a bright green lol i’m all over the board but i’m a country kitchen girl, comes from growing up in a farm house I guess lol…

I want a 5 burner stove like nothing else, like the restuarant scale kind but an island or pantry would be nice now since those are more obtainable lol

5. so jealous of your kitchen! love all the orange. i painted my bedroom orange when i was in high school. my parents hated it!

6. Your kitchen and sitting area are gorgeous! Did you design it or was it like that when you moved in!?

7. Oh my gosh – your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I am too embarrassed to show pics of mine now. 😉

My dream kitchen would include granite countertops, LOTS of storage, a big ole island for entertaining, stainless steel appliances, and a double oven. Not that I’m picky or anything.

My kitchen (and whole downstairs) is a neutral tan….but I’m dying to paint it! I really love the shade of green that is has blue undertones. Maybe one of these days I’ll buck it up and do it!

8. Amy says:

Loved the tour! I was hoping that you would do something like this! We always get little snippets of your kitchen when you are showing what you baked / cooked!

Thanks!

Amy

9. Oh my gosh, your home is BEAUTIFUL! I love the orange walls – so bold, and it looks gorgeous with those dark cabinets. Gorgeous! Color me jealous 🙂

10. mapollard says:

Your kitchen is gorgeous- love it! 🙂

11. Katie says:

I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!

When Mike and I get a house we both agreed that the kitchen is a HUGE thing to us and we want a huge one! Its where all the yummy stuff is created ; ) We like to entertain so a big kitchen is a must for us!

So beautiful! I love the surfboard thing you designed, that is really cool!!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful kitchen girl! xoxo

• It definitely is the heartbeat of the home and plenty big. Some gatherings we have we never even leave the kitchen because everyone gathers and stays in there even though we have a basement, theatre room and bar downstairs!

12. I’m so jealous!!!! That is my dream kitchen-W is an architect so i’m hoping to build soon (cross your fingers)…love the modern/contemporary feel!!!!!!

13. Faith says:

Wow.. I love your kithen! No wonder you are able to make your masterpieces in there. Thanks for sharing with us.

14. Gorgeous kitchen!!!! I want to see your closet!

15. Susan says:

You have a gorgeous kitchen and it’s very obvious that you meticulously thought out everything because everything goes and flows together so well!!

16. surlykitchen says:

i love the clean lines and openness of your kitchen. i, too, have orange walls in my kitchen 😉 our kitchen is so small, i can’t wait until someday i have my own huge kitchen where i will never run out of counter space. i’m also in love with your light fixtures.

17. Good lord this is a fabulous kitchen! I would die for it, however in NorCal having this kitchen would likely mean a $2M home which is just slightly out of reach. I love love the sitting area you have. Whenever we have people over, we always hover around our island. It really is the heart of the home!

18. You kitchen is amazing! I love it! I am stuck in my little apartment kitchen but I guess that’s expected when you are in college! I MUST have an island when I do have my own house though! I love custom cabinet too they are always so beautiful and handy. Wandering the kitchen section in Lowe’s is one of my favorite things while my bofriedn is doing his ‘boy things’.

19. Wow, that kitchen is GORGEOUS! I love, love, love the bright colors and modern look. Haha, I don’t think you’d want to see my tiny apt kitchen. If your kitchen is that beautiful, I can only imagine that every other room in your house is amazing as well! I’m terrible with interior decorating, and I’m not really sure what my taste is. So, I have no idea what color I’d paint my kitchen.

20. Holli says:

Very pretty!! I love your backsplash!

21. MegSmith says:

Oh wow that kitchen is so cool! I couldn’t be more jealous, I would have an island just like yours if I could design my own kitchen. I also loved the open parts in your walls, so modern and pretty.

Thank you for your comment! I don’t believe I have ever had ramen noodle salad but it sounds good, especially if PB sauce comes on top of it!

22. WOW!!! I seriously love every aspect of the kitchen! So bold and totally awesome!!!!

23. Your kitchen is seriously amazing. I love the fact that it’s orange and I definitely want my future kitchen to be modern too! I think the one must-have that I need is an island!

24. Katelyn says:

Can I just say that your house is GORGEOUS. I would sleep in my kitchen if it looked like that. Giiiirl, yous so lucky! Slash you have amazing taste, come redecorate my house?!

25. Oh my gosh! I am so freakin jealous!! I absolutely LOVE modern/contemporary design and minimalism! Your kitchen is perfect! I could probably fit 3-4 of my kitchens in yours! 😦

My ONE must have would be a double oven! I would love to paint my kitchen yellow (like a mix between marigold and buttercream). I’d like to see your master bedroom! I love getting new decorating ideas and my bedroom is seriously lacking!

I’ll email you a pic of my kitch, but you have to promise not to laugh at it’s measly size!

• Thanks for sending me pics of your kitchen! Most people in apartments would love to have a kitchen just like yours!
      I will send you pics of my master bedroom too, its just as colorful with red and orange walls!

26. lindsay says:

I wish I had tons of money so I could fly you out here to decorate my house. LOVE your style. Such class and modern flare!

Your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!! Wow, so well designed!

Thanks for the comment on my blog–looking forward to reading more!

28. Simply Life says:

wow! what a gorgeous kitchen! Ours is about the size of your kitchen table 🙂

29. micaela says:

your kitchen is AMAZING!!! it should be in magazines 🙂

it reminds me of my older sis’ in italy– they designed their own and you have a lot of european touches. 🙂 and i was just going to say like the comment above mine– ours is about the size of your pantry LOL! joking 🙂

i dream of the day i can paint the walls in our home… i’m loving chalkboard paint still but def. something bright like yours!

can i come to a party?! ha

x

Wow your kitchen is gorgeous! you have such a beautiful house. I’d spend all my time in the kitchen if mine looked like yours lol

31. Gorgeous kitchen, love the colors! Your pantry looks like ours – also for just two people. 😛 Holy cow, you have like 3 TV’s visible from your kitchen!!! My hubby would love that. 😛 For my dream kitchen, lots of counter and pantry space with a huge built-in fridge that blended into the cabinets. For for the dishwasher, I’d probably have two small dishwashers that blended as pull out cabinets.

Our kitchen is in blue and stainless steel, so maybe a light lime green for the walls.

32. Absolutely fabulous kitchen! I especially like the runner/accent rug. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I look forward to your future posts!

33. Ashley says:

My gosh. Your kitchen is stunning?! I want to be an interior designer and make a kitchen look as good as that! Please post pictures up of your house so i may drool in envy. Love it! Thank you so much for the comment on my blog.

34. I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!!! 🙂

I’d like to see what you usually have in your fridge. 🙂

35. Gina says:

Your kitchen is so modern, I LOVE it!! Seriously, so beautiful.

36. What a fun, bright room! I can’t wait to get a place with more natural light — Apartment living is rough sometimes!

37. Megan says:

Oh my gosh!! Your kitchen is absolutely amazing! I love that you aren’t afraid of color! It seriously is fabulous!!

38. One word: jealous! It’s beautiful! It’s so open and alive and the colors give it so much energy. Reminds me of a swank, trendy restaurant! So, when can I come for dinner 😉

39. Oh my gosh, your kitchen is so beautiful! That’s seriously like, my dream kitchen 🙂 Can I move in?!

40. Kathleen says:

I would love a rustic chopping table, like they have in restaurants! My color of choice would be similar to a baby blue, to remind me of the ocean. I find it very calming, but also uplifting. It’s a happy color to me!

41. Your kitchen is stunning! I’m super jealous… When I have my very own kitchen I would LOVE for it to look like yours 😉

I’ve posted a few pics of the dorm kitchens I use… deeefinitely not winning any points in the glamor category 😉 Mine at home is decent though… A little more of an old-timey feel than yours though. I love the color in yours!!

42. THUMP.

That is the sound of me falling off of my chair.

THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!! Love the red walls and surfboard.. oh the surfboard! So clever. Every detail including the swirlys are amazing. Major props my friend! Very very impressed. (your kitchen is larger than my apt! haha)

43. I think you just made 5 bajillion people insanely jealous! Including me! ❤ Your home is GOREGOUS!!!!!! So modern and sleek — i love it! =)

44. Oh. My. God. I. Die.

Copy. Paste. I want that in my house.

45. Tracey says:

Wow, fantastic!

Looks like this was a kitchen made for the pages of a home magazine! Great job with all the design.

I have a tiny little kitchen and look forward to the day I get more space!

46. Megan says:

OMG. Your kitchen is amazing! I absolutely love it and am insanely jealous. The double ovens… the tall cabinets… the counter space… and how it connects with the other rooms. Love, love, love it. I have a few pictures of my kitchen in the background of some of the pictures in my blog posts. We live in a condo and want to sell and move into a house, so we haven’t done much with the kitchen besides adding some yellow paint. I can’t wait to be able to make over a kitchen of my own… pick out backsplash and paint and such. I think I’d want red walls… but I’d have to figure it out once I saw the space.

47. I am in LOVE! Your kitchen is so trendy. When I have my own kitched I dream of painting it a bright, cheery color. 🙂

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

48. Your kitchen is freakin awesome!! I love all the details! It must be a lot of fun to cook and hang out in there. This makes me so excited for the future when we will finally have our own home and kitchen to play with! Great job!!

49. You kitchen is absolutely beautiful!! I cannot wait to redo my entire kitchen! We moved into our home 2 years ago and the kitchen is totally not my style! Once I’m finished with school, that will be my first project! I love bright colors too–actually my son’s bathroom is bright orange and his room is bright green! 🙂

50. If I could design my own kitchen it would look exactly like yours! haha my favorite color is orange and i LOVE LOVE bright coloring… Looks awesome girl. I am super jealous!!

O MY GOSH I am soooo jealous ….what a beautiful place to cook and hang out!

52. Christine says:

thanks for linking this up to my Show and Share party! I also have orange in my kitchen, on an accent wall. I love it too. My fave in your kitchen is your awesome blacksplash.

53. Thanks for stopping by my blog Amy!

I absolutely love your bright and modern kitchen, especially the big pantry and all the storage space…I’m a little green with envy 🙂

Hope you are having a fabulous Monday!

54. Oh, and I don’t live in Indiana but we visit there often, at least twice a year, since my sister lives in South Bend and my grandparents’ have a vacation home in southwestern Michigan. Where in Indiana do you call home?

55. Wow. All I can say is wow. Your kitchen is amazing. You have great taste and I am loving the color. Doesn’t having a nice kitchen make you enjoy cooking so much more?? Let me tell you…I can not wait until the day I move out of my college house and into a real place of my own!

56. Mary says:

Your kitchen is gorgeous and shows meticulous attention to detail. I can only imagine the feasts that are prepared and served there. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings…Mary

57. Krysten says:

Wow your kitchen is some kind of gorgeous, I am totally impressed! Thanks so much for sharing!

58. So incredibly jealous of your kitchen!!! It’s gorgeous!

59. merrymishaps says:

It’s so pretty! You’re a lucky lady 🙂

I love the kitchen! It is so bright, I love the red!

I am in utter amazement! You have seriously THE coolest house and kitchen EVER!! I love love love the color and the lights are so pretty and just about the whole place is soooo sooo pretty! I love your style:) We have a very modern house and kitchen at my house too, so it reminds me just a little bit (although my house is not nearly as cool!) of my place. Love it!!

62. what a beautiful space! I’d LOVE to be able to design my own home! My best friend is an architect so maybe I’ll be able to make the dream come true one day!

63. Cole says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Yes, we’re in Indiana, northern Indiana to be exact, so we have a ton of snow.
    I love that you designed your kitchen. Your cabinets are great & I LOVE the windows underneath them! We’re about to start designing our kitchen and I am so overwhelmed by inspiration!

64. fooddreamer says:

Wow, I am totally floored. That is the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen!

65. Thanks for the the comment love! And can I just say – I’m terribly jealous of your pantry! You’re whole kitchen is gorgeous, but what I wouldn’t give for a pantry!

66. girl, I LOVE your kitchen. I’m so, so jealous!

If I could design my own kitchen, I’d go for a red or a deep purple. I love the mix of dark purple and gray, but red in a kitchen would be so great. 🙂 We have the same taste.. I’m adoring your modern decoration. =)

and your pantry.

67. What a very good looking kitchen!! I love bright colors too 🙂

68. Oh my goodness, your kitchen is GORGEOUS! Love it!

69. Absolutely gorgeous. I would love to be able to remodel our kitchen one day.

70. Meri says:

What a fun kitchen! I love the metallic accents. And sometimes, two people need quite a bit of food 🙂
    I’m having a giveaway, come check it out!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

71. Oh I LOVE your kitchen!! Its gorgeous, and so awesome you got to design it yourself. If I could do that it would be yellow, and very country themed. However, I’d be happy to take one just like yours too. 🙂

72. Maggie says:

Wow, your kitchen is gorgeous! I live in a studio apartment in a high rise and I can only dream about having that pantry and island space!

73. Gorgeous! Your kitchen is so beautiful–I’d be afraid to cook in it it’s so nice (I’ve been likened to a tornado when it comes to the messes I can make when I’m cooking!). I just love the black and orange/red contrast.

74. Stephanie says:

Wow. I’m seriously in awe. Can I move into your kitchen?

75. I really like all the tucked away stools/benches! Super sleek, modern & chic. Loves it! My poor kitchen probably would cry if it could after I’m done cookin!

76. Kayla says:

Your kitchen is beautiful! So modern and awesome, it looks like it could be in a magazine, I loooove it!! Love the lights, they are so gorgeous!

77. Oh my gosh, I love everything about your kitchen and your home. Modern, totally chic, amazing color choices, and tons of awesome lighting. I’m jealous, girl! Absolutely STUNNING!!!

78. Congrats! I’ve enjoyed reading your blog and have awarded you a “Stylish Blogger Award”! Check it out at http://yummychunklet.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/another-stylish-blogger-award/

79. Maryann says:

Your house is so gorgeous and modern!! I love it! I would want mine to be like yours, haha 🙂

80. beautyrun says:

That house is beautiful!

81. Paula says:

I love the modern look of your kitchen. Pairing orange with your espresso colored cabinets and dark counters looks really great. I love the pop of color!

We remodeled six years ago so that I could get my dream kitchen. You can see some of the kitchen in this post from Christmas. http://virginiasweetpea.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-2010-kitchen.html

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I’m happy to have discovered yours!

82. Shannon says:

oh my gosh, you’re kitchen is GORGEOUS!! jealous 🙂

83. Katherine says:

Wow, your kitchen is beyond gorgeous! It looks like a magazine. I love it. I am so happy you have such a beautiful place to cook and bake.

84. Awesome.. I have never seen this type of house..

85. GiGi says:

What a sexy kitchen! I don’t typically like modern-equse type homes but this kitchen is stunning! I wouldn’t want to bake or cook in it, it’s too pretty, ha ha!