Cupids Chocolate Lava Cakes

lava

I heart chocolate.  That is no lie.  And I am sure most all of you can say the same thing 🙂  I mean it’s CHOCOLATE, come on!

For all you chocolate lovers out there, I present to you a heaping helping of chocolate bliss!

Fudgy filled chocolaty heart shaped cakes for you and your cupid 🙂

This chocolate lava cake is without a doubt irresistible.

The centers of these moist, delectable treats are oozing with sweetness.

lava7

lava3

Heart shaped ramekins, dusted with granulated sugar~

lava4

Chocolate + butter = a fabulous start to lava cake batter~

lava5

Add the eggs and mix up the batter and pour into ramekins~

lava6

I baked these in little heart shaped ramekins and when they were removed, they had this heart imprinted on them!

snow day baking 2-2-11 040

Look at that moist, gooey and smooth center~

snow day baking 2-2-11 047

It is definitely mouth hug worthy!

snow day baking 2-2-11 053

Cupid’s Chocolate Lava Cakes

• 1/2 c. butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 c. confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 6 Tbsp. all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • confectioners sugar for dusting after baking

Directions

1. Grease the bottom and sides of four 6-oz. ramekins; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
  2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners’ sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, egg yolks, instant and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt; spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
  3. Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes and cake sides are set and centers are soft.
  4. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully run a small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert warm cakes onto serving plates. Lift ramekins off cakes. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.

Serve topped with whipped cream and dust with confectioners sugar if desired~

Enjoy~

snow day baking 2-2-11 058 snow day baking 2-2-11 059

XOXO~~Mouth hugs and kisses around this chocolate!

snow day baking 2-2-11 061

Once you dig in to this, you will find a soft and sweet surprise in the middle!

snow day baking 2-2-11 077

snow day baking 2-2-11 080

Nosh on that friends!

snow day baking 2-2-11 081

Don’t you want to give that bite a great big mouth hug?!

snow day baking 2-2-11 085

Tempting isn’t it 🙂  You’re welcome!

snow day baking 2-2-11 087

Happy Valentine’s Day!

snow day baking 2-2-11 091

And to the ones who discovered chocolate:  Ever Grateful, Ever Thankful.

lava1

Are you ready to drench your mouth in chocolate?!

What are you making for Valentine’s Day dessert?

Or is someone “else” making you dessert on Valentine’s Day?

Are you going out or staying in?

Friday night we went out to dinner with friends and had a wonderful meal.  Saturday we went to see “Just Roll With It” with Adam Sandler and Jen Aniston.  It was HILARIOUS!   It was good to laugh that much 🙂  And tonight we have dinner reservations with 4 more friends to enjoy an Italian meal at a new restaurant we haven’t been to.  Happy Valentine’s to you!

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to Cupids Chocolate Lava Cakes

1. My boyfriend and I are going out to eat together. YAY. I wish he would make me these for me though…I would rather just have these for dinner ha.

2. My boyfriend is surprising me tomorrow… I know we have reservations at 8…I just don’t know where! Looking at those photos made me want to go eat some chocolate!!

3. Holli says:

Sounds like you’ve had a great weekend! We’re going out to dinner tomorrow night….. I can’t wait 🙂

4. Faith says:

My hubby is cooking dinner for us tomorrw ( which is so rare for him to do). I’m glad you haad a terrtifc weekend. The cake looks fantastic. Really moist and delicious.

Haappy Valentines day to you and your loved ones.

5. Happy Valentine’s Day to you too! I love how the chocolate is over-flowing…so mouth-watering!

6. Definitely hug worthy!! The pictures made my mouth water!

I spent the whole afternoon today baking Valentines treats for my friends 🙂 I love how chocolate is on everyone’s mind during Valentines!

7. Umm hello, these look amazing!! Sounds like you’ve had a great weekend! Happy Valentine’s Day tomorrow:)

8. Amanda says:

Wow. Those look SO amazing!!! Definitely mouth hug worthy! YUM!

Those. are. adorable. ❤

You are killing it with all these V-Day recipes!! Love it 🙂 I’m staying home tomorrow with the bf. Gonna make pancakes and sushi ;D

I’m sadly staying in on V-DAY….will you be my valentine and make me this dessert? 🙂 haha

12. Monique says:

These are adorable!! 🙂

13. Your lava cakes look amazing!!! I didn’t really plan on making dessert tomorrow, but I may have to change plans….

14. These look absolutely fabulous! Amazing process photos!

15. Those look incredible. My mouth is watering. I love lava cakes so much, gooey wonderful chocolate!

16. Oh man, Lava Cakes are THE best! 🙂 Thanks for sharing the recipe!!! Your pictures are gorgeous btw. 🙂

For Valentine’s Day, I made some Chocolate Date VEGAN cake in the shape of a heart, some Cranberry Muffins, and Almond Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies. 🙂

Happy Valentine’s Day to you too! 🙂

OMG I am drooling over here! I am taking tomorrow off from work and making one of my assistants some cupcakes as a thank you. They are out of the box cupcakes but still, when I bake I usually mess something up so this is big for me.

I am going to a single gals gathering tomorrow night at a local coffee house/french bakery–I cant wait to nosh on some sweets. If no one else is going to make me dessert, I am going to treat myself 🙂

18. I feel like a stalker liking every single one of your posts but I cant help it because you are that good!! Can I move in with you and you feed me? I’ll clean!

19. This looks so good and as always, I love your photos 🙂

We are doing something low key tonight, yesterday was our big Valentine’s Day celebration. We had our best friends over for a fondue dinner (cheese, meat and chocolate) and spent some alone time yesterday enjoying the warmer weather outside.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

my boyfriend and i are staying in and making dinner:)
    happy valentines day!

21. allieksmith says:

Happy V-Day!! I am going to make my bf red velvet cake or strawberry cupcakes 😀 Your lava chocolate concoction looks awesomeeeee !!

22. YUMMY!!!! Happy Vday!
    We stayed in….he cooked…as perfect as it gets for me, haha.

23. Lava cake is one of my FAV things to order when out at a restaurant! So decadent…

24. Sooo much chocolate! Love it! Happy Valentine’s Day, girl! 🙂

25. I just want to sink into these…they look so delicious!!

26. Ava says:

This looks delicious! I have to try it!

27. Lava cakes?! I think you are trying to torture me!! LOL!

28. Those look delicious. You are so right, you can not go wrong when you start with chocolate and butter!!!

29. These look stupendous! I just did a molten chocolate cake for my blog too…really, is there anything better than that ooey-gooey center? We are hosting a chocolate recipe contest right now – would love for you enter! http://www.betterrecipes.com/contest/

30. Such pretty pictures, and I love that fork. I’m so happy you found my blog!

31. bellavita11 says:

your recipes look amazing!!

32. Meher says:

Hi I loved your cake by seeing this now itself.I have a big party of couple friends I want to know whether I can make 100 of them early(3-4 hrs before) and preserve it ?and just bake 1 min at the time of serving.can this batter be made very early and cake refrigerated.Please give me ideas of serving this beautiful recipe without making a mess :).Once more a thanks for you beautiful recipe.