I heart chocolate. That is no lie. And I am sure most all of you can say the same thing 🙂 I mean it’s CHOCOLATE, come on!
For all you chocolate lovers out there, I present to you a heaping helping of chocolate bliss!
Fudgy filled chocolaty heart shaped cakes for you and your cupid 🙂
This chocolate lava cake is without a doubt irresistible.
The centers of these moist, delectable treats are oozing with sweetness.
Heart shaped ramekins, dusted with granulated sugar~
Chocolate + butter = a fabulous start to lava cake batter~
Add the eggs and mix up the batter and pour into ramekins~
I baked these in little heart shaped ramekins and when they were removed, they had this heart imprinted on them!
Look at that moist, gooey and smooth center~
It is definitely mouth hug worthy!
Cupid’s Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 c. confectioners sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- confectioners sugar for dusting after baking
- Grease the bottom and sides of four 6-oz. ramekins; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners’ sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, egg yolks, instant and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt; spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes and cake sides are set and centers are soft.
- Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully run a small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert warm cakes onto serving plates. Lift ramekins off cakes. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Serve topped with whipped cream and dust with confectioners sugar if desired~
XOXO~~Mouth hugs and kisses around this chocolate!
Once you dig in to this, you will find a soft and sweet surprise in the middle!
Nosh on that friends!
Don’t you want to give that bite a great big mouth hug?!
Tempting isn’t it 🙂 You’re welcome!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
And to the ones who discovered chocolate: Ever Grateful, Ever Thankful.
Are you ready to drench your mouth in chocolate?!
What are you making for Valentine’s Day dessert?
Or is someone “else” making you dessert on Valentine’s Day?
Are you going out or staying in?
Friday night we went out to dinner with friends and had a wonderful meal. Saturday we went to see “Just Roll With It” with Adam Sandler and Jen Aniston. It was HILARIOUS! It was good to laugh that much 🙂 And tonight we have dinner reservations with 4 more friends to enjoy an Italian meal at a new restaurant we haven’t been to. Happy Valentine’s to you!