Doughnut Style French Toast

Doughnut French Toast 50

Doughnuts.  We all know I love doughnuts from this post.  I really love donuts/doughnuts whatever.

I love bread and pastries in general, carbaholic.  So it’s no surprise that I love french toast too 🙂

Wake up and get a whiff of this recipe!  Doughnut style french toast!

Eggy bread with cinnamon and vanilla and then drenched in cinnamon and sugar!

A traditional breakfast food, but I say you can eat this any time of the day!

Doughnut French Toast 001 Doughnut French Toast 002  Doughnut French Toast 004

Beat two eggs with vanilla in a wide shallow dish.  Cut your bread in half and soak it in the eggy mixture.

Heat the butter and oil in a skillet and cook the eggy bread until golden on both sides.

Mmm, can’t you smell it now!

Doughnut French Toast 005

So you are asking what makes this french toast light a doughnut?

Well after it’s done browning in the skillet you completely cover the pieces in cinnamon and sugar, just like a cinnamon and sugar coated doughnut!

Doughnut French Toast 007 Doughnut French Toast 008 Doughnut French Toast 009

Doughnut Style French Toast

• 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 slices of wheat bread, cut in half
  • 1/2 Tbsp. butter, plus a drop of oil, for cooking
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

Beat the eggs with the milk and vanilla in a wide shallow bowl or tupperware.

Soak the bread halves in the eggy mixture for 5 minutes a side.

Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan/skillet, cook the egg-soaked bread until golden and browned in parts on both sides.

Put the cinnamon and sugar into a tupperware (big enough for the bread slices) and mix.  Add the pieces of french toast one at a time and completely coat the cooked bread until coated like a sugared doughnut!

Serve warm.  May drizzle with syrup.

I changed the recipe up from this original one.

Doughnut French Toast 010  Doughnut French Toast 012  Doughnut French Toast 014

SWEET GOODNESS!

Doughnut French Toast 015  Doughnut French Toast 017  Doughnut French Toast 019

Drizzle with a little syrup and VOILA!  A party in my mouth!

Doughnut French Toast 020

This would also be great made with cinnamon bread!~

Doughnut French Toast 023

Do you think I ate the last bite? Are you crazy?!

Doughnut French Toast 027

A very decadent way of making a traditional breakfast dish~  I’ll definitely be making this again soon~

Doughnut French Toast 51

Do you ever branch out and make things like this for breakfast?

What is one of your breakfast indulgences?

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Doughnut Style French Toast

1. lindsay says:

I smell that all the way from TX!! HEAVEN!

2. A Tablespoon of Liz says:

This sounds amazing! When I first read the post title I thought you were using actual donuts… but this is even better!

3. Oh. My. God. That looks amazing and I want to try it soon. Ah-I have been failing at my french toast addiction lately.

4. French Toast + Doughnuts all in one = pure genius! 😀 Tese sound AMAZING! 😀 Yes, I love to try out new things for breakfast, especially different kinds of french toast! 🙂

Omg I think I wanna come over to your house for breakfast! 😀 I can’t remember the last time I had a donut so this is really tempting 😉

6. surlykitchen says:

i LOVE french toast and this sounds fantastic. i bet a splash of bourbon would be a wonderful addition. i don’t know why i always want to add liquor to everything

7. Brenda says:

OMG, girl! I think I love you. That looks amazing. I must try it during Spring break when my daughters are home from college b/c they love French toast.

8. Ok, this looks really really good. I would never have thought of it too! Cinnamon sugar is delicious on anything 🙂

9. I love super sweet breakfasts!! Using doughnuts in French toast is such a fun idea!!

10. This looks soooo soooooo good! I could neve eat it … just because I would get super addicted to it and crave it daily! and that would mean a chubby nutritionist… haha! I’m passing this on to my friends for sure! everyone would looove this! ❤

xoxo

11. I’ve been a fan of donut-style French toast since I saw Nigella Lawson make some on her program. Yours looks so delicious!

12. Lord have mercy! Can I live with you?!

13. um new recipe name… melt in mouth goodness drool style french toast?

14. Kathleen says:

I cannot remember the last time I had French Toast and may need to re-visit it this upcoming weekend. This looks delicious. I always chicken out on the weekends and make eggs instead. A sweet and savory breakfast next weekend is going to happen. 🙂

I love donut anything so yeaaaaaaah, I would be all over this!

I rarely have bread at home or it’s in the freezer and I never remember to let it sit out overnight to stale. Boo. If I do do sweet breakfasts, it’s usually oats. I love pancakes but don’t have a griddle so it’s a little difficult to make.

16. DUH! Of course I would make this… I love sweet breakfasts, they’re my favorite!! You know this is right up my alley 🙂

17. So you’re a genius, incidentally. taht looks amazing!

n

18. claire says:

looks amazing!! thanks for sharing

19. Instead of jumping on the treadmill you’re making me want to go make these!

20. Those look so good!

I once dipped my french toast in crushed macademia nuts (after the batter) and then topped with fresh strawberries–mmm mmm!

21. Suzanne says:

OH MY GOODNESS! My mouth is watering! I will be making this tonight!

22. I’ve never made anything like this, specifically, but I do love a decadent breakfast once in awhile!

JUST LETTING YOU KNOW.. I gave you the versatile blogger award! 🙂 🙂

24. Angela says:

Holy yummmmm! This looks amazing!! I have to try it!

25. This is just a sin. It’s like the baked sugar donuts. But better.

26. Euniece says:

WOW THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE!

This looks soooo good! Seriously, doughnut french toast!?! THAT IS GENIUS!! love love love it and I already eat french toast everyday haha no joke, so I’m defs. trying this soon! thanks:)