P+S, I Love You

my dinner 50

PASTA and SPINACH, I Love You!

I love pasta.  I love sauce on my pasta.  And I love spinach in my pasta sauce.  Spinach is so versatile.  Who knew.

This is a great change from the usual red tomato sauce.  A creamy blend of garlic, spinach and ricotta, that is easy to make, tasty and filling!

This dish is perfect for a quick evening meal.  I think it may have taken me 10-15 minutes to make this.  Perfect for my growling tummy.

my dinner 001  my dinner 003

I used the Southwestern Blend of Pappardelle’s pasta.  It included the flavors of blue corn, red southwestern chile, green jalapeno and yellow maize.  I got this at our local farmers marker this past fall.  Plus some fresh spinach, parsley, ricotta and minced garlic.

my dinner 002

I sautéed the spinach in a drizzle of olive oil stove top.

my dinner 004

my dinner 006

And then I added in the minced garlic, ricotta and some skim milk to make a sauce for my steaming hot pasta~

my dinner 007

Add the sauce to the pasta and VOILA!

my dinner 008

P+S, I Love You Pasta Sauce

2 cups fresh spinach

1 cup ricotta cheese (I used low-fat)

1 tsp. Olive Oil

2 tsp. minced garlic (I used dried minced garlic)

2 Tbsp. milk

Garlic salt and black pepper, optional

Sautee spinach stove top in the olive oil over medium heat until slightly wilted.  Add in the garlic, ricotta and milk.  Stir and heat thoroughly.  Serve over the pasta shape of your choice.  You made add in onion salt and pepper to the sauce if you desire.

my dinner 009

Then you top it with loads of parmesan cheese and a side of garlic bread~

my dinner 011

G, double O, D – GOOD!!!

my dinner 012

This was a delicious dinner in The Scene From Me household.  Two thumbs up!  Well 4, really.

my dinner 013

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you like flavored pasta like I had here?

I’ve heard there is chocolate pasta.  Has anyone ever tried that?

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to P+S, I Love You

1. This looks so amazing! I’ve had a few different kinds and I like it. My friends sells pasta at a farmer’s market and there is chocolate but I’ve never had it=(

2. I’m so with you on spinach and pasta! You just can’t go wrong with that combo! The garlic bread on the side looks yummy too! Haven’t had GB is so long!

3. What a great way to make a rich, decadent sauce without heavy cream! Great job!

4. terri says:

i LOVE any kind of pasta!! this looks so delish. happy friday to you.

5. I’ve never seen a pasta like this but I’m definitely going to be on the lookout for it now! Pasta is always a “go-to” recipe when I’m hungry and in a hurry so I love mixing up the toppings. I’ll have to try this!!!

• Kristen, you should go to the Binford Farmers Market when it opens this spring. That’s where they have all kinds of this pasta. Or you could order it online. I love the Binford farmers market!

6. love the title! and so easy! kinda like a mixed up lasagna but without sauce!

7. Mmm that looks so yummy–blue corn pasta? Sign me up!

The title of this post made me think you were going to talk about the book/movie P.S. I Love You, which was so sad 😦

Happy Friday!

8. Kace says:

Yummm that looks good. I’d probably do plain pasta, but the sauce….yes.

9. Yum! This looks delicious–I love spinach + pasta!! 🙂

Wow what a simple recipe and it looks amazing! Anything including cheese and/or pasta is always win 🙂

11. Um, that looks amazing!!!! You are brilliant 🙂

12. Nichole says:

I never had flavored pasta, that I am aware of?? I bet it is good. I normally buy brown rice pasta. That dish looks great. I would love to veganize it!!

13. Ryan @ Aloha Appetite says:

Omg. I’m dying. This looks so freakin’ good!

14. OliePants says:

I love pasta and spinach too and this looks magnificent.

P.S. Love the title! 🙂

15. This pasta sauce looks soo good!!! I’ve never had chocolate pasta, but I’d be willing to try it!!

16. Katherine says:

Oh my, that looks GOOD!

17. I love all of the different colors and shapes of the pasta!!! and the spinach looks so good with the pasta! They were made for each other. 🙂

xoxox,
    Kathleen

18. I don’t think I’ve ever had colored / flavored pasta, but chocolate pasta sounds amazing! I saved this recipe- I’m out of ricotta, but when I stock up, you can best believe I will be making this 🙂

That meal looks SUPER good!!

That totally looks like the kind of dinner I could eat day in and day out!! I have some ricotta I need to use up in my fridge right now and you better bet I’m making this TOMORROW!! I can’t wait:) I think I’ll use whole wheat medium shells though, ahhh that garlic bread looks super good too! Thanks for the recipe:)

Hope my comment worked? my comments have been going to spam lately!

22. Charlie says:

This looks incredible! I love flavored pasta but never had some that looked as tasty as yours.
    Oh… I did have rainbow bows once ;). They cost a fortune (for pasta) but I couldn’t resist :P.

23. mmmm spinach is my faaaav veggie to pair with pasta. it needs to be in everything! ❤ from shells to lasagna to ziti =)

sidenote- totally watch ps: i love you for the first time tonight! I cried like 15 times! so happy/sad/awesome/SAD! eep!

24. Monique says:

yummmyyyyy 🙂 I swear I use spinach in eveyrthing haha

25. Never heard of chocolate pasta but willing to try anything with the name chocolate involved 🙂
    Your pasta is pretty and i like the LOADS of cheese

I like the pasta mix, I will have to look for that in my area! I’ve heard of black bean pasta but not chocolate, sounds kinda funky but I wont discriminate!

I love love love love spinach + pasta together. And add some cheese to the mix and you have a plate of heaven.

27. I’ve never seen flavored pasta before! Chocolate pasta sounds interesting…and weird!

That creamy spinach looks amazing! I could eat it straight up!

28. Beth says:

I am making this this weekend! YUM! I love your blog too!!!

29. Katie says:

The mixed Pasta sounds good and it looks great too! And Spinach in a pasta sauce always makes a yummy dish!

30. Katie says:

YUM!! This sounds so good I cant wait to try it!!

31. Amanda says:

Yummy! That looks delicious – way easier than my spinach and white sauce recipe. I’ll have to try it!