Wake Me Up Breakfast Cups

Breakfast cups

This meal-in-a-pan breakfast is great for busy mornings!

And really, you could eat these on-the-go, with your hands!  No silverware required.  Your dishwasher is smiling:)

The name of these cups reminds me of Wham’s song from the 80’s  “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”.

Aren’t you singing that song in your head now?!  Your welcome.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  In fact, it may be the most delicious too!

Don’t you just love breakfast and think about it when you go to bed at night?!

Sunday cooking 003

What you will need~

Sunday cooking 004

Whisking the eggs up~

Sunday cooking 006

Go go green onion~

breakfast cups2

The mix:  southwest hash browns, turkey sausage, green onions and feta cheese~

Sunday cooking 009

Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and then pour evenly over the 6 hash brown base cups~

Sunday cooking 013

Wake Me Up Breakfast Cups

• 2 cups. shredded hash browns thawed (I used southwest hash browns)
  • 3/4 cup turkey sausage cooked (I used Morningstar Farms brand, pre-cooked)
  • 1/2 c. feta cheese (I used fat-free)
  • 1/4 c.  chopped onion (I used green onions)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray 6 large muffin pan spots with nonstick cooking spray.

Divide hash browns out in to muffin cups.  Sprinkle with turkey sausage, onions and feta cheese.  Give each cup a little stir to mix.

In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.  Pour evenly over the 6 hash brown bases.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set in the center.  Makes 6 breakfast cups.

If you have any leftover veggies, you could also add those in the mix, just may need to make more than 6.

Enjoy~!

Sunday cooking 015

I love the crisped brown edges of this breakfast cup!

Sunday cooking 021

Love the savory flavor of hash browns, eggs, onions and turkey sausage!

Sunday cooking 023

You could even make a batch of these, refrigerate them and when you need a quick breakfast during the week, these lil things can be grab-and-go.  Just pop in the microwave to warm up, grab and go!

Sunday cooking 024

If I were you, I’d definitely get out of bed for these breakfast cups, totally worth it!

Breakfast cups1

So go make these.   You DO NOT even need a fork to eat, just your fingers!

What is your favorite meal of the day: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Do you say Dinner or Supper and why?

Do you ever combine meals and have Brunch or Linner?

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Wake Me Up Breakfast Cups

1. Katy says:

Love this idea! You’re so creative with food! I love it!!

2. Breakfast is my favorite meal by far. I love this idea..how adorable! 🙂

3. I’ve been really wanting to try those Morning Star sausage. Would you suggest them?

You are so INNOVATIVE Darling! No wonder I love your blog! 🙂

Have a wonderful Sunday!
    xoxox
    Kathleen

4. Amy @DYKTMP? says:

BREAKFAST CUPS! Nice work!

5. Oh, yum! And I totally love that old song…yes, I am now singing it in my head! 😉

I wonder how these would turn out with shredded sweet potato?

6. Debbie B says:

I did something similar with smoked cheddar and chives …. they keep really well over night and then taste great re-heated!! The flavors deepen that much more. Great idea on the soy sausage!

7. Kathleen says:

Your commentary throughout this post is comical! Love it! This is such a good recipe, because it is easy, but also very versatile with whatever ingredients you’d want to put in there. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite of mine!

GOOD GOD WOMAN! How are you so creative and come up with this delicious stuff? I just need to ask you for your shopping list so I can try everything you make after you post it.

9. I must admit, I love fingerfood!!! These look so YUM! These would be much loved by my co-inhabitants since we are all fans of breakfast foods. Actually I might end up making these for dinner one of these nights…easy to make and reheat while still tasting awesome.

I must confess every time I hear that song I sing along and I don’t care where I am. Last time it was the grocery store and I even dance along much to my daughters dismay.

Those are so cute! Love your creativity

11. Peggy says:

Now this is my kind of breakfast! Looks fantastic!

12. Love this recipe! I’m so making these for busy mornings!

13. Nichole says:

These look amazing!!!! Can’t wait to make them 🙂

14. Kace says:

What a great idea–I need quick breakfasts; I could make this on Sunday and be set for most of the week! Thanks

15. Stephanie Head says:

Can’t wait to try these! Looks like they could be WeightWatcher friendly as well. My first thought was these would be great for Colts tailgating with a Bloody Marys….yes, I’m having severe football withdrawal…thanks for your blog…I really enjoy it.

I would wake up for that!!

17. My favorite meal, hands down, is breakfast. And I will eat it at any time of day! I think it’s my favorite because you can go either way- sweet or savory.

My friend actually makes something similar to that (with spinach) in the cupcake tins for potlucks and such… very cute!

18. Anything in cupcake form is all me!! I need grab & go for the morning especially! Thanks Amy!

19. OliePants says:

Breakfast is my favorite meal and this for breakfast would get my butt out of bed for sure!!

20. Carrie says:

Brilliant! These looks positively delicious and easy to make!

21. Oh fun – those would be awesome for a brunch get together!

22. Ryan @ Aloha Appetite says:

How easy to grab and go! They look satisfying too.

23. These sound SO tasty!!! Thank you for posting this I can’t wait to try them and to read more of your blog!

24. Kelli says:

I made these Sunday for breakfast and they were great. As you said they were just as good this morning for breakfast(:

25. jill says:

These look like they would be good with some kind of dip? Ketchup, gravy perhaps?