Sugar Cookie Truffles

Sugar Cookie Truffles 50

Hey Sweetie!  Yes, you.  I’m speaking to you.  Proudly serving, Sugar Cookie Truffles!

Petite, bite-sized balls of sugar cookie perfection.  Seriously 🙂

I love those soft sugar cookies you buy at the store in a plastic container that have fluffy frosting on them.  I can eat a whole container of them if I’m left alone.  So no wonder I absolutely adore these truffles made from baked sugar cookies!

So check them out.  You just may will fall in love too 🙂

Plus, they are super duper easy to make since you used refrigerated sugar cookie dough!

Sugar Cookie Truffles 001 Sugar Cookie Truffles 002  Sugar Cookie Truffles 004

Bake sugar cookies as instructed on the package.  Stir in cream cheese and form in to small balls.

Sugar Cookie Truffles 005 Sugar Cookie Truffles 006 Sugar Cookie Truffles 007

Roll the balls out in your hands until smooth and place on waxed paper lined baking sheet.

Sugar Cookie Truffles 009 Sugar Cookie Truffles 010 Sugar Cookie Truffles 011

Melt the white chocolate coating and then dip the balls to coat fully.  Sprinkle with colorful decorations.

Sugar Cookie Truffles 012 Sugar Cookie Truffles 013 Sugar Cookie Truffles 014

Sugar Cookie Truffles

1 16 oz. package of sugar cookie dough

2 oz. cream cheese at room temperature

White chocolate for melting and dipping.

Colorful sprinkles for decorating

Bake sugar cookies as instructed on the package.  Cool cookies completely.  Place cookies in a food processor and pulse until cookies are all crumbled up.  Add in cream cheese and thoroughly mix.  Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 min.

Form small balls with cookie scoop and roll around in your hands to fully form a smooth ball.  Place on waxed paper lined baking sheet.  Refrigerate sheet of balls for 30 min.

Melt white chocolate.  (I used the stovetop).  Dip each ball in white chocolate, coating fully and place back on wax paper lined sheet.  Sprinkle on the decorations after each one, before the chocolate hardens.

Allow to harden and then serve.  Enjoy!  Store in refrigerator.

Original recipe found here.

Sugar Cookie Truffles 015

Sugar Cookie Truffles 016

Sweet and rick sugar cookie goodness!

Sugar Cookie Truffles 018

Sugar Cookie Truffles 019

Sugar Cookie Truffles 020

Don’t you wanna take a bite or two, three, out of that!!!

Sugar Cookie Truffles 024

Sugar Cookie Truffles 025

Sugar Cookie Truffles 026

Such a soft and creamy center!

Sugar Cookie Truffles 028 Sugar Cookie Truffles 029

Sugar Cookie Truffles 030

Sugar Cookie Truffles 031

And I’ve got a tray full to share with all my co-workers.  Aren’t they the lucky ones?!  Ha!

They look like a bunch of Easter eggs!

Sugar Cookie Truffles 035

Sugar Cookie Truffles 51

That’s right.  Sugar Cookie Truffles, YUM!  Yum is an understatement.

Are you a sugar cookie lover?

Do you prefer yours baked soft or hard?

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Sugar Cookie Truffles

1. Soooo yesterday I told my mom that this is the dessert that I’m bringing to a baby shower…and then you posted this today! Craziness!

They look sooo good!

2. Charlie says:

These look delicious!! I love sugar cookies baked soft & hard; just depends on how I feel ;).

3. Um…and I thought oreo truffles were my favorite truffle in the world. I have a strong feeling THESE will take 1st place! I am so making these. My favorite cookie in the whole world is sugar! I like the super soft, thick kind with so much frosting that it makes *normal* people feel sick (but not me…..there is so such thing as too much frosting to me).

4. Oh my god. I will be making these very soon.

5. I’m a big sugar cookie fan. Oddly enough, one of my faves is the thick soft ones you can get at the grocery store with the frosting. Yep, I’m easy to please (…sometimes!)

Those truffles look delicious!!! I love sugar cookie dough, and these are so perfect for easter!

7. surlykitchen says:

oh my, these look divine. i love your sprinkles, the colors are so vivid. gorgeous

8. Katy says:

OMG, those are amazing! I love sugar cookies, and I realy have been wanting to learn how to make truffles!! 🙂

9. these look incredible! i love love love the colorful sugar sprinkles! 🙂

10. Wow, these look wonderful! Like a dessert truffle from a fancy restaurant. 🙂

11. Britt says:

Those look delicious! I’m more of a soft/chewy cookie girl-thanks for sharing this recipe!

12. Samantha says:

These look amazing! Now to answer, your question…it is a toss up. My grandmother used to make the best soft sugar cookies and growing up I loved getting the soft ones from a cookie store that was in the mall. But then, there is a bakery here in Central Cal that makes the best hard sugar cookies with an amazing frosting…:)

Well, they can take the colors from your wardrobe but at least they can’t take the colors away from your baking–these look great! I don’t hate sugar cookies but they arent my favorite. But then again, if you put one in front of me, I wouldn’t not eat it!

Hot Damn! These look so good! Just like oreo cookie balls only sugar cookies?! OMG yes yes yes! I seriously can’t wait to try these out-you are a genius my friend!

wow..those. look. drool-worthy. ❤

16. These look so delicious! I’ve made cake pops before but never sugar cookie truffles. I’ll definitely have to try these!

17. These little truffles look perfect for Easter!! I’m not a big sugar cookie person, but I’m sure I’d love these!

18. I love grocery store sugar cookies with the impossibly thick layer of frosting. Your truffles turned out beautifully- I love the decorations and was thinking these would be perfect for a bridal or baby shower. Definitely adding this to my bookmarks!

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!! these looks ridiculously good! haha I love a good soft cookie or even just cookie dough 😉

20. glidingcalm says:

wowie!! im going to have to try making those!! 🙂

21. Kace says:

These. look. incredible. I will be trying these asap. And I love those cookies you’re talking about! I could eat a whole box no problem

22. These are adorable!!! And easy!!! So cute for spring. I will be making these. Thanks Doll!

23. Kristi says:

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that you won my VITALICIOUS Giveaway-please email your address to healthykrit@gmail.com Thanks!

24. OliePants says:

Oh man! I have not seen you cook anything lately that I haven’t drooled over – and this is no exception. Looks so delicious and I love the pairing of the sugar cookie with the white chocolate.

25. Monique says:

UM those sound RIDICULOUSLY delicious!!! I plan on making some soon!!! Great job, they look beautiful 🙂

26. Wow those look amazing and so festive! I love cookies with soft centers so these are right up my alley 🙂

These would make a great Christmas gift for coworkers and friends (with coordinating colors of course!)

27. Girl, you are killing me with these!!!!

I love my cookies soft. 🙂 My dad likes them hard. 🙂

xoxo
    Kathleen

28. alohaappetite says:

Oh my gooosh. These are so cute, it would probably be dangerous to make them as I might eat every.single.one. I love my sugar cookies soft.

29. Awesome. I won’t be able to eat real food for another week or so, but I can plan for the future! I added these to my “recipes to try” page!

30. Those are gorgeous! I think I like soft sugar cookies best 🙂 or just sugar cookie dough… teehee 😉

31. I love soft sugar cookies. Your truffles looks delish -I can 0nly imagine how good they taste!

32. Oh lady… I love truffles and cake bites. This is just awesome!

I’m not a massive sugar cookie person by nature. I like chocolate in my dessert. However, a sugar cookie done *just right* can really hit the spot… oh buttery goodness… 🙂

33. shane says:

I made these they r so so GOOD! im making them for a bridal shower and going to put them in little boxs for the favors!
    But how long in advance can I make these?

34. shane says:

How long in advance can I make these? how many days do they last?

35. shane says: