Homemade Banana Fro-Yo

Bananas 34

Is it always your bananas fate to end up in a bowl of oatmeal or a loaf of bread?

Why not give them a whirl and cool off with this scrumptious and nutritious homemade banana frozen yogurt after a sweaty workout.

The beauty of this frozen yogurt is that it tastes as good as ice cream but is healthier and requires virtually no cooking, just blending.

And it has me singing Gwen Stefani’s song B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

“Let me hear you say
This s*** is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S”

Kale Chips 002

Bananas sliced and frozen.

Kale Chips 004 Kale Chips 005

I used this Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter and it is delicious!

Kale Chips 006

Banana Frozen Yogurt

• 1 banana that has been sliced up and frozen
  • 1/2 c. skim milk
  • 1-2 Tbsp. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, or any nut butter of your choice

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend up until smooth.   Pour into serving glass and enjoy!

You could also top it with some chocolate chips, crushed gingersnap cookies, cinnamon, maple syrup or whatever you fancy!

Bananas 006     Bananas 012

Pour out.  Insert spoon.  Open mouth.  Slurp.  Smile 🙂

Bananas 011           Bananas 022

banana1

This is the picture of the neat shape my blender made while churning up this fro-yo.  (Bad iPhone quality)

Bananas 33

You will go B-A-N-A-N-A-S for this frozen sweet dessert!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is your favorite flavor of frozen yogurt?

Have you ever made something similar to this banana fro-yo?  If so, please share your recipe with me!

This entry was posted in Deliciousness and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Homemade Banana Fro-Yo

Delicious. Banana froyo is the bestttt.

2. YUM!!!!! I love that you added Chocolate Dreams! 🙂

3. myowntwist says:

Hey! Just discovered your blog today and I am in love! I have been wanting to try kale chips forever! Yours look delicious! Thanks for the recipe! I am going to have to add you to my blog roll! 😀

4. Ryan @ Aloha Appetite says:

Yum! I’m so glad to see an easy recipe for some homemade fro-yo. Everyone always does the ice cream maker recipes and I don’t have one. But now I won’t miss out. 🙂

5. That looks yummy! My favorite fro-yo flavors are cake batter and cheesecake (the nonfat varieties of course)…any ideas on how to make those at home? 🙂

6. Nichole says:

I have made Protein “Ice Cream” similar to this but with a couple added ingredients – check it out here:

7. kitchenarian says:

LOVE this! I was just reading about how to make a smoothie with just frozen bananas and that’s all. I love your chocolate version more.

8. spoonfulofsugarfree says:

Banana ice cream is THE best thing in the entire world. Seriously.

another genius recipe from you! wow I’m going to legit make this today haha. I love frozen plain yogurt like Pinkberry with chocolate chips…..YUMMMMM

10. I looooovveeee this! I don’t even use milk – just a frozen banana and Dark Chocolate Dreams. Without milk it’s much thicker!

11. I’ve totally made this, and I forget how much I love it. Should definitely have had this instead of the bag of Sun Chips I just had. :-/

When I make it, I use cocoa powder. Definitely going to have to try the chocolate PB next time (since i ALWAYS have that on hand!!!)

12. I am alll about the fro-yo! Peanut butter yogurt gets me everytime!

13. Why have I never thought to add my DCD to my banana fro yo!?!?! Must do tonight.

14. Monique says:

I’m always pretty bummed because my blender/food processor isn’t good enough to cut up my frozen bananas 😦 But it looks so good!

15. Katherine says:

Yum! I love bananas in frozen things. And your spoon is totally cool, by the way.